Preparing for winter in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not take out life insurance policies on them while you're at it.

No, just no.
Talk about tempting fate.
I pity the person that would try this for my 92 year old mother. [emoji38]

Does this belong in the Funny Jokes section?

In 2009 my dad died in January the snow was deep and couldn't even see the stones in the cemetery. I spent almost an entire day looking for the plots they had in that rural cemetery. They had a flat head marker stone, so it was even more difficult to locate. It was cold, windy and a lot of snow and I had a scoop shovel trying to locate the site.

I got someone to clean out the road going in and a local man did the digging of the grave.

I wish I would have had someone ask or do that for me. It is what rural life is and living in the north.

No, just no.
Talk about tempting fate.
I pity the person that would try this for my 92 year old mother. [emoji38]

My Mom is 92 also. She asked me to include hers in the ones we marked.

I should point out. We're pioneer settlers here on the frozen tundra and we've dealt with this for 150 years.

No disrespect anyone, I was only trying to point out how self reliant folks still are in the upper (way upper) mid west.

Last edited:
Stormy Kromer, I don't see your original post to start the thread.

Many negative replies. I took it down.
Unbelievable! You have shown NO disrespect whatsoever. I have known in my area that some had their sites dug in the fall in preparation for a long hard winter.

Good for you folks it is all about living rural life and I'm proud of people looking out for people.

Thanks for the great thread.

Sorry I missed the original post. I am in MN preparing for winter and was intrigued. I thought this was going to be about buying long underwear and tuning up snowblower. Must have been more provocative.

Sorry I missed the original post. I am in MN preparing for winter and was intrigued. I thought this was going to be about buying long underwear and tuning up snowblower. Must have been more provocative.
We have property in Bemidji that we might decide to stay at year-round at some point, so I was curious too. If we do, we'll probably build a new cabin that's much more weather-proof than the old one, which isn't very well insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom