Putting Quotes in Replies?

LitGal

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm not completely new to the forum, but also not the savviest computer user. Can someone please explain how to put the quotes (from previous posts) in blue text when you write your replies? I've searched the site for this info.; can't find it. Is there a tool that does this on the tool bar?

Any advice would help.

Thanks ahead of time! :confused:

To quote a post in a reply, simply click the "Quote" button located in the lower right corner a post), then begin typing your response after the "[/quote]" in the reply box that appears.

0r, if you have copied and pasted a quote from some other source, like a newspaper or magazine article, you can put it in quotes by selecting the text and then clicking the "quote" button.
PugNJs1VgvNWEFwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 145
Let's Try This Out

To quote a post in a reply, simply click the "Quote" button located in the lower right corner a post), then begin typing your response after the "
" in the reply box that appears.[/QUOTE]
Wow! Like this? I'll have to see if this shows up on my reply, looking like everybody else's posts. :rolleyes:

Litgal, you nailed it. Although it may not look like it, the quote function worked perfectly. The forum software saw the "quote closed" example in my post and used it to end the quote prematurely.

Litgal, you nailed it. Although it may not look like it, the quote function worked perfectly. The forum software saw the "quote closed" example in my post and used it to end the quote prematurely.
OK, I'll try this again, and see if my reply begins after your quote.

Thanks, REWahoo, for the quick help. How often can one get a question answered, at a moment's notice, all the way from the Texas hill country?

Maybe it's time to reward yourself with a trip to Rudy's BBQ, with a big bottle of soda pulled from those troughs of ice. Many thanks! :)

:) Thanks - we ate at Rudy's last week. I love their Bar-BQ Sause!

Our neighbors hail from San Antonio, and sent us to Rudy's when we went there on vacation. They also (wisely) warned us to not even TRY to buy one of those bottles of BBQ sauce to bring back on the plane. They'd already had several confiscated by TSA when they returned from their last trip. :mad:

So that flavor is just a happy memory.... :(

Our neighbors hail from San Antonio, and sent us to Rudy's when we went there on vacation. They also (wisely) warned us to not even TRY to buy one of those bottles of BBQ sauce to bring back on the plane. They'd already had several confiscated by TSA when they returned from their last trip. :mad:

Sounds like me trying to bring home the roasted salsa from La Fogata (in SA). I even broke down and shipped myself some once at silly expense. I love that stuff, and haven't found another that's as good, or a recipe that duplicates it. Another happy memory only..:(

Remember too that the quote function is best used with discretion. Some people quote an entire - often lengthy - post before adding a brief comment (why:confused:).

I suggest that if one needs to quote, it is courteous to edit the quoted passage so as to isolate the specific sentence(s) one wishes to respond to.

You can always get yer Rudy's fix online...No TSA problem tho they advertise as the worst in TX.
Rudy's Online Store Now Shipping Meat, Sauce, & Apparel | Rudy's Barbq

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q - Rudy's BBQ..."The WORST BBQ in Texas" is actually the BEST!!!
Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q

Previous | Next

Last edited:
Thanks Midpack for bringing up La Fogata. I loved that place. Lot of great memories from another lifetime ago.

Mickeyd, Thanks for the Link!

You have just done a public service, for DH, me and our neighborhood. Time to fire up the coals! (Temps in high 50's today; no snow in sight.)

Time to order some of that Rudy's "Worst Sauce"! :D :dance: :D

Muchas Gracias!

Thanks Midpack for bringing up La Fogata. I loved that place. Lot of great memories from another lifetime ago.

And I'll be eating there again in the next few months! :)

Back
Top Bottom