Question for Millionaire Mommy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
twaddle, I see you have not put that person on your "Ignore" list. Obviously some of the posters above have.:eek:

twaddle, I see you have not put that person on your "Ignore" list. Obviously some of the posters above have.:eek:

Nords? Why would anybody put Nords on their ignore list? He posts some gems once in a while. To understand Nords is to tolerate him. :)

twaddle, I remember well the curator of the Napolean museum in Paris saying those exact words.

"Quote like" curator statement:
"Napolean was inadequate in physical dimensions, and that mainly from comments by his wives and mistresses, but ignoring (not laughing) or at least moving on, he was not the hero he thought himself but was tolerated by many." "As was a later German leader........."

Some will always have admirers/followers. :confused: To know them is indeed to tolerate them.

Let's cut this crap out. If you have comments on the ignore function go take it to that thread. We can stop with the snide, sideways personal attacks, which have nothing to do whatsoever with this thread.

Sorry, it was meant to lighten the mood a bit. MMND, was brash and willing to share some opinions. Just wanted her to know that at least a few appreciate her comments.

Hope that sentiment is not lost in the banter.

I do understand the defensive tone.

HFWR, that is two of us. But keep that twix us.

Uh, does moving on mean continuing with our welcoming of MMND or continuing to give her marching orders according to posters with over 7,000 posts?

Not even sacrcastic with that. What is this thread now about? She has moxy and a bit of courage to say, say it, say it, say it. Probably lost on non-John Mayer fans but the woman brought it.

She met some comments that she should not have met. "Female xxxxx", ugh.

No support from most. Thanks twaddle.

Nope. "Moving on" means respecting the strong pecking order that exists on these forums. Some people get to hi-jack with impunity, others don't. The former get to decide when a hi-jack is a hi-jack and when it's a useful diversion.
And, most importantly, "moving on" means realizing that some mods and ex-mods ALWAYS close ranks when faced with criticism of one of their party (or ex-party). Even when said criticism is apt or funny (or both).

Love this forum....love the intelligence and wit of the posters. But you have to learn to live with the alpha posters of both sexes....

Who is over reacting? :rant:

Renting is a great option to avoid the huge downturn in most aspects of the current market. Housing starts, huge inventory, zero buyers even with the incentive rates. Read MarketWatch.

MMND seems to be correct.

Winnie, a woman I suspect. Interesting to see a woman with some moxy and not the grovel to the big dogs. Interesting.

Did you watch Bucket List and see any similaties here? Buy that house, NOT.

Last edited:
MMND,

I have been reading your blog and I noticed that you dodged twice the question of how long you've been investing in NoLoad X Funds . So how long have you been investing in them ?

MMND, please don't feel like everyone here is attacking you. No need to answer a question posed in that very negative manner.

"Dodged" seems very much like an attack.

Despite the moderators comments to move on you spoke out. Hope you do not get banned for it.

Dex, you said in a very eloquent way what I wanted to say but did not have the serenity and patience to say to the people who attacked this lady.

Many of the people who would be so served by your comments will miss that they apply to them, I'd say even the first applauder will not realize their part.

Post of the year. A Teddy Kennedy post on a Bush board.

Congrats

This lady MMND deserved a chance to speak out on rent vs own.

Not to be, mostly because of "old huge post count" timers.

Let's cut this crap out. If you have comments on the ignore function go take it to that thread. We can stop with the snide, sideways personal attacks, which have nothing to do whatsoever with this thread.

crack that whip! :bat:

This is interesting; there is no FAQ or Best of the Boards links that I can find on renting vs. owning! Pay off vs. keep mortgage, yes, plenty. . . but - has this topic not come up before in a major way on this forum:confused:

It was but deemed not appropriate by some of the large post count types.

But really this post is about rent vs buy. I suggested the OP is very likely correct.

Can anyone refute "with data" her original posts? It appears not.

This is interesting; there is no FAQ or Best of the Boards links that I can find on renting vs. owning! Pay off vs. keep mortgage, yes, plenty. . . but - has this topic not come up before in a major way on this forum:confused:

All righty-then. I'm back from my massage and feeling groovy again. O0 (cute emoticon, I couldn't resist)

I have an idea. Those of you interested in discussing the original question, let's move on over and start a new thread. We can start the rent vs. buy conversation by discussing a relevant article published by msnbc today. For those in favor of sharing constructive conversation and a polite exchange of thoughts and ideas, read this article: Housing mess makes buying decisions harder - Money - MSNBC.com
first, then head on over to the fresh slate (post thread) I'll create right now. Look for the title, "Rent vs Buy".

But really this post is about rent vs buy. I suggested the OP is very likely correct.

Can anyone refute "with data" her original posts? It appears not.

Puppy Belly
Read my posts. Although not rent v buy, definitely pro RE investment in certain areas.

Are we storming the castle? If so I'd suggest torches. I'd like a torch. Lit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom