Questions

Hmmm... so, if I put a quart of water in a watertight airtight sealed metal container and place it on a stove , on high heat, after two days, when it is opened, there will still be a quart of water??

As long as it didn't explode, there will still be a quart of water in it.
Oh, it would explode.

"Looking forward to answers to my urgent questions, and prepared to answer similarly off the wall stuff you always wondered about."

> Temperature required to bake 15 minute brownies in 9 minutes?

> Natural elements that when mixed together will yield Gold?

:)

Unobtainium and excrementium...

New questions:
Why did the United State (customary units) change from the metric system?
Why didn't it change back?

US was never on the metric system. What made you think we were?

We are the only industrialized country that does not use the metric system even though many products are designed based on metric dimensions (eg US auto industry). I think there was an official plan to convert but panic reigned and it was finally accepted that we are too stupid to change to a system based on the number 10.

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Why do we drink lemonade with imitation lemon flavor and put the real stuff on furniture and in commodes?

A place to ask or answer questions you already knew, or wondered about.

For starters here are a few:
1. To avoid the nuisance of turning our garage light on or off... especially when my hands are full, I leave a 40 watt bulb turned on 24/7. How much does this convenience cost per year? $.12kwh.

2. Does turning a bulb on and off, cause more strain on the bulb life, than leaving it on?

3.. Leaving battery powered items plugged in.
a. Electric toothbrush
b. Leaving the 110V plug in transformer plugged in to the outlet to recharge electronics. Does it use any electricity if the rechargeable phone or other item is not plugged in, but the transformer/charger is? Ie: when is electricity flowing?

4. Re: Automobiles. Water cooled engines. Considering the heat and condensation, why doesn't the radiator require filling more often.

And... one answer to a question on a different thread.
Q: how to fold fitted sheets?
A. roll them into a ball like we do.

Looking forward to answers to my urgent questions, and prepared to answer similarly off the wall stuff you always wondered about.
My family turns off the garage light since the area has multiple windows and we don't want prying eyes.

A question for the members " Did you ever get injured and are too embarrassed to say how you got injured? "

The average tire loses about .125” of rubber a year, or so. Multiply that times 4 tires x a bazillion cars. Why aren’t we buried in rubber? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
For the garage light issue, I bought some LED bulbs on ebay years ago that are activated by both noise and motion. No separate sensor is required, and if the bulb doesn't sense your motion, you can clap or stomp and the bulb turns on immediately.

Does your nose run and your feet smell?
You're built upside down!

The average tire loses about .125” of rubber a year, or so. Multiply that times 4 tires x a bazillion cars. Why aren’t we buried in rubber? Asking for a friend.
I'm pretty sure the ants harvest the rubber particles and take them underground. I'm not sure why - maybe they make beds out of them.

Where does the "white" go when the snow melts?
If that's too easy, why is it white in the first place?

..... To avoid the nuisance of turning our garage light on or off... especially when my hands are full, I leave a 40 watt bulb turned on 24/7. ....

We have a pantry closet like that.... I got sick of turing the light on and off but at the same time I didn't want to leave it on 24/7/365.... I remembered that BIL gave us a motion detection switch when we were building that I never found a spot for... installed it there and it works perfectly.

Well, not perfectly at first... the motion switch was no compatible with the CFL fixture that we had in that closet... it required an incandescent fixture... I had an incandescent fixture that I didn't at all like in the second bathroom so I swapped the two fixtures and all is well.

To match the sky? 20190313_125424.jpeg

Snow (and some clouds) appear white because they reflect all colors of visible light about equally.

When the snow melts, the reflecting of light is done by the ground which has a different chemical makeup than snow (which is just frozen water), so the ground appears to have different colors.

Back
Top Bottom