Race to 2024 - please join :)

Congratulations on solid Q1!!! I admire your ability to produce gains in the range of $250-300k per quarter regularly. Do you add a lot? or it is just market gains? My biggest Q was $203K and I thought I made a killing, your numbers are more than killing, it is magic :cool:

Thanks, better to be lucky than good, I guess :) But it's mostly market gains. I add my normal max out of 401k and when I get a bonus I add it to the pile, but mostly market.

5 more weeks..... DW and I printed all the Pension info to get signed, notarized, and returned. Will do that in the next few days.

I'm pretty much on auto-pilot until my last day. DW on the other hand is working 12 hours days right now. I keep telling her to tell them to stuff it, but she doesn't want to go out that way. So I respect her decision and we march on to May 31.

Work sucked today...solidifying giving notice in 3 weeks before the long holiday weekend.
5 weeks for me until bonuses hit, so we're in very similar shaped boats. Thank goodness I'm taking my last 7 days of vacation before then. I should probably take some sick days too. That would help speed things up.

I don't recall if I ever posted to this thread but I'm in the class of 2024. I gave notice on February 13 and our contracts require 120 days notice. My last day is June 8. However, since 8/2022 I've been per diem so I only work intermittently. As of right now my last scheduled shift is May 26, so about 3-1/2 more weeks. There's a slim chance I may pick up additional shifts but I'm really trying to fight that urge. Sure the money is always nice but I keep telling my self if we're not ready now, an extra shift or two isn't going to make a difference. No matter what, in 5 weeks I will be done for sure.

My team is planning a retirement party for me on June 9. I'm looking forward to that. I work with an incredible group and walking away from that is really the hardest part of the decision to leave. I'll probably miss the work some, but I'll miss the people a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom