Rants: FAX

What's a fax? :confused:

my attitude exactly.

when i worked out of the house i had my home phone line. a business line. a dedicated fax line. a cell phone. i had cell phone voicemail, business phone voicemail, home phone voicemail. i had business email, personal email. because i had to keep the fax machine line up & running for work i had non stop advertisements coming in using my ink & paper. i'd get two or four every day. each faxed advertisement seemed like such an invasion of my personal space. i hated that fax machine.

now all i have is my personal email and a cell phone. i am unemployed, unplugged & fax free.

My kids have to send one page to the universities, and the universities insisted that the page be faxed!
I hope that's not for a computer engineering program...

;-) Thank god, no. They had to send a copy of the Texas Prepaid Tuition Plan to the finance office.

Another advantage of scanning and emailing: You will have a backup copy when you back up you system.

When we moved our corporate offices in 2000, I insisted that the FAX number was removed from all our new business cards. Of course, email addresses were included. This got the volume way down, especially junk FAXs but also encouraged routine use of attachments.

The employees asked" "Is it OK to give out the FAX number when requested." I said: "Of course". We even had it on our corporate voicemail greeting as an option. But we did not get on junk FAX mailing lists.

Incoming FAXs were routed electronically to individual emails by the PBX, further reducing paper clutter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom