Record Highs on Wall St. ...in pot

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So there were some record highs on wall street in pot. No pun intended and taken from the headlines themselves.

My question to you all is anyone invested in anything related to this new 'sector" or industry...not sure I guess it's an industry.

Also, is there a mutual fund that targets this industry?

Marijuana Companies See Stocks Jump | TIME.com

I saw a similar story elsewhere. Took a quick look at a couple of these companies, and they were all penny stocks. So, they jumped from 2c/share to 4c!

No, I do not deal in penny stocks. Never have, never will.

I was scratching my head today trying to figure out how all the new MJ stores in Colorado were able to obtain inventory before opening on Jan 1. :confused:

I was scratching my head today trying to figure out how all the new MJ stores in Colorado were able to obtain inventory before opening on Jan 1. :confused:

They are all existing medical weed dispensaries, so they already had grow operations to supply their existing clientele. They simply ramped up production and/or sold some of the medicine to thrillseekers.

I realize anything that does exist in the form of trading this is more than likely in the form of penny stocks. But it' will still be interesting to follow some of the larger players and see if anything makes it to major market.

I'm thinking it won't be long before tobacco companies wrestle their piece of the action. RJ Reynolds, Philip Morris (Altria).......

They kind of are. Through their e-cigg business, a very small piece of their core. Many M.J. users don't smoke anymore, they vap. Of course I'm just repeating what I heard, I have no knowledge of what M.J. is.

Investment wise I've held MO for years, think I'll keep it.
MRG

Well whaddaya know.....check out a "WhoIs" search on these two domain names:

AltriaCannabis.com

AltriaMarijuana.com

I'll save you the trouble - Altria (Phillip Morris) owns both of them.

Back
Top Bottom