Ridiculous retirement advice programs

I am not familiar with him, but similar advice has come from others like Suze Orman.
I think she's been preaching the "work until you're 67 and eligible for full SS" mantra.

Considering the caliber of the majority of her callers, that's sound advice.

I'm pretty certain that there's no shortage of callers who are paying far more than their share of the "Stupid Tax", but perhaps these hosts prefer to have the blissfully ignorant on the air. Their viewers can feel a sense of [-]superiority[/-] relief that their situation may be bad, but not as dire as the clueless caller.

Then everyone can buy a (retail-priced) copy of the host's book!

I think she's been preaching the "work until you're 67 and eligible for full SS" mantra.

Considering the caliber of the majority of her callers, that's sound advice.

I'm pretty certain that there's no shortage of callers who are paying far more than their share of the "Stupid Tax", but perhaps these hosts prefer to have the blissfully ignorant on the air. Their viewers can feel a sense of [-]superiority[/-] relief that their situation may be bad, but not as dire as the clueless caller.

Then everyone can buy a (retail-priced) copy of the host's book!

I'll give Suze some credit, though I usually done care much for her. During the recent public TV pledge drive, I watched a program she'd produced recently. The theme was something like "find your truth", which sounds kind of new-agey, but her theme was basically - get off the debt treadmill, stop buying stuff you don't need and can't afford, be realistic, save first... IOW, pretty damned good advice.

Still reminds me of fingernails on the blackboard, though... :whistle:

At one time in this country you did not even need a high school degree to get a good job. Now, I don't know if the degree is worth less or if it is just more people have them. I remember hearing that if you don't get a HS degree you will be the one digging the ditch. Then if you don't get a college degree you will be flipping burgers. Now if you don't have an advanced degree you will not get a really good job.

Not everyone should have a college degree, in fact, if everyone did, the the guy in the ditch and flipping the hamburger would have one.

Is that book available yet?
"Coming this August to a military exchange near you!" It's at the printer's as we speak.

It's also available for pre-order now on Impact Publications' website. But if Suze wants a review copy for her show, then I'm there for her...

Back
Top Bottom