RIP:Beverly Cleary

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Renowned children's author Beverly Cleary has died at the age of 104. The young wife named one of our cats specifically for Ramona the Pest.

Renowned children's author Beverly Cleary has died at the age of 104. The young wife named one of our cats specifically for Ramona the Pest.

Oh remember so well from my childhood. Good long life but saddened she has left us.

I loved her books as a young child. As an adult, many decades later, I read them to my cousin's little girl.

Beezus and Ramona was published the year I was born, but they were timeless stories.

R.I.P. Mrs. Cleary

Loved all of her books! Sad she passed but happy she had such a long life!!

Enjoyed reading her books to my daughters and granddaughters.

Beverly Cleary and Larry McMurtry on the same day, I believe. Heaven is a very creative place this week.

Read most of those books in my childhood. In fact we even lived on Klickitat St in Portland where most of the books characters lived.

Henry Huggins and the Paper Route. A must read.

Love the backstory about what inspired her to write children's books. She was a librarian and a kid came up to her and demanded something like "Where there the books for kids like me?". There weren't any so she fill the void by writing.

She was a second cousin to me, so I particularly like her two memoirs- A Girl From Yamhill and My Own Two Feet. Neat to read about my family..a hundred years ago. Never got to meet her, but sure tried through other family members. I think she had too many gatekeepers. RIP Beverly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom