RIP Jim Nabors

Marita40

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Died today. Beloved from the Andy Griffith show, Gomer Pyle, etc. and what a voice!

RIP.

I'll always remember him singing at the Indy 500 each year. He also taught me about "a citizens arrest" in one of the Andy Griffith episodes. Of course performing a citizens arrest might not be a such good idea these days.

RIP.

I'll always remember him singing at the Indy 500 each year. He also taught me about "a citizens arrest" in one of the Andy Griffith episodes. Of course performing a citizens arrest might not be a such good idea these days.

I don't know why, but "Citizens Arrest" sticks with me more than any other episode of Andy. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Yes, Citizens arrest was one of the best of the Andy Griffith show,IMO. There was another one when he took a car apart in the sheriffs office. Was that Gomer also,I think it was? Anyways, he was funny . Andy Griffith was hot under the collar, in that episode when the car was taken apart .

edit to add: I guess that was Goober who took the car apart. Darn, I wanted Gomer to have one. Oh, well.

Last edited:
I watched him on television growing up, times back then life sure appeared to be more laid back. Then I think about the 60's, they were crazy back then also.

Miss him singing "Back Home Again..." for the Indy 500 opening ceremony. He performed that from 1972 until about 2 yrs ago.

Why is this in Fire and Money? Is there a connection I'm missing?

Loved him in both sitcoms. DH and I saw him perform while on our honeymoon in Hawaii in 1980. He really could sing.
May he RIP.

Back
Top Bottom