RIP - Nichelle Nichols - Uhura (Star Trek - original crew)

Sad to hear this, really liked the way she played the character.

Oh, so sad to hear this. Her character was always one of my favorites on the original ST.

She was beautiful to the end.

RIP Uhura.

Ms. Nichols was a class act onscreen and off.

While I didn't meet her personally, she was the featured guest at a Star Trek convention I attended in Dallas in 1989. She told a story about meeting Whoopi Goldberg a few months earlier while Goldberg was shooting scenes from a Next Generation episode while Nichols was shooting scenes from Star Trek 5 on adjacent lots at Paramount. Each of them idolized the other, Nichols told us.

She was, very quietly, a groundbreaking and classy actress.

RIP Nichelle Nichols :(

While I didn't meet her personally, she was the featured guest at a Star Trek convention I attended in Dallas in 1989. She told a story about meeting Whoopi Goldberg a few months earlier while Goldberg was shooting scenes from a Next Generation episode while Nichols was shooting scenes from Star Trek 5 on adjacent lots at Paramount. Each of them idolized the other, Nichols told us.

She was, very quietly, a groundbreaking and classy actress.

RIP Nichelle Nichols :(

(emphasis mine)
Beautifully said, scrabbler1. This is what I wanted to say in my post above, but couldn't figure out how to verbalize it as well as you did. She also was pretty funny when her role as Uhuru called for some humor.

Back
Top Bottom