RIP Rosalynn Carter

O2Bfree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Rosalynn Carter passed this morning. She was 96. Classy lady, what a life she led!

Rosalynn Carter passed this morning. She was 96. Classy lady, what a life she led!

So sad! You are right, she was an amazing person and seemed to be a caring, classy, and hard working American. Her husband's politics were about completely opposite from mine, but I have always felt that they were both good, virtuous Americans that we could all be proud of no matter what our politics.

R.I.P., Rosalynn Carter. :'(

She was a class act all the way.

RIP

I have always admired this couple. RIP Rosalyn.

I watched a program today about her life and both her and her husband really lived their values. If there’s a heaven they both will be there. Rosalyn really changed the role of the First Lady focusing on mental health as one of her causes.

One of the best things Jimmy did was to provide daycare to poor working parents on a sliding scale so they could work. This allowed people to work at a time when welfare allowed a single parent to stay home until the child was 5 and collect a check.

Many couldn’t work because they couldn’t afford daycare. If your income was low enough daycare was free. Talk about a win-win as it saved the government money to have people receiving less assistance and dignity for the recipients.

RIP - a tireless humanitarian and great first lady.
carters.jpg

So sad! You are right, she was an amazing person and seemed to be a caring, classy, and hard working American. Her husband's politics were about completely opposite from mine, but I have always felt that they were both good, virtuous Americans that we could all be proud of no matter what our politics.

R.I.P., Rosalynn Carter. :'(

If only the rest of the population had your attitude... so much these days is black or white, if you are not with me, you are against me.

She was a good first lady, and had a good heart for humanity. I'm opposite of her and husband's politics, I have more admiration of her than Jimmy.

Anyone making guesses how long until Jimmy dies? I think it will be in near future. They were so much a couple, and for 77 years married. With his declining health, I bet he goes quick.

RIP Rosalynn Carter.

What a full life together they both had. I remember I was in high school when Jimmy was running for President.

It's true that people can die from a "broken" heart. Especially older folks, they can actually go into shock when their spouse dies, and pass themselves if they're particularly frail.

RIP Mrs. Rosalynn Carter.

Such an inspirational couple, great humanitarians.
May she RIP, and may President Carter and family find peace.
Their faith will follow them through.

She was a good first lady, and had a good heart for humanity. I'm opposite of her and husband's politics, I have more admiration of her than Jimmy.
Me too, very much so. But I think they were both very good and sincere humanitarians.

Anyone making guesses how long until Jimmy dies? I think it will be in near future. They were so much a couple, and for 77 years married. With his declining health, I bet he goes quick.

Sort of a dark question, but no doubt it doesn't seem it could be very long. I mean he is 99 and been in hospice care for almost year and has some serious aliments. OTOH I've seen some older folks hang on seemingly forever.

Last edited:
DW's trade association invited itself to the White House during the Carter administration. So DW and I and a few hundred of our closest friends got to tour the White House and then eat cookies and drink tea with Mrs. Carter. It was quite a nice affair and the First Lady was just lovely in so many ways.

We had been scheduled to leave at a certain time, but Mrs. Carter invited us to stay an extra half hour for a special surprise. We gathered on the South lawn and, sure enough, here came Marine 1 with the President. He dusted off a "small business" speech and delivered it to us. No matter your politics, it was very impressive to see the President of the United States of America and the First Lady AT the White House.

What a very special couple they were. RIP Mrs. Carter.

Back
Top Bottom