Roll out of new Full View on Fidelity

dtbach

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is it just me or does the new Full View suck? Had to reenter all of my non Fidelity funds which was bad, but it doesn't allow you to hide things (i.e. have real estate for example and "hide" it from total amount temporarily). And the data is not as easy to see and utilize.

If you want to hide certain funds you can do that on your portfolio page - click customize under the "trade" icon, expand account groups scroll through your accounts and check the hide button for those you don't want included and save your changes.

While this only works for the account totals on the portfolio page and not the full blown full view page it is one way to accomplish what you are seeking I believe.

I used to use the full view, and added in my account at PFCU, but then they got slick and pulled a list of all my accounts including my credit card. I pay in full each month, so didnt want to see that. Then they started duplicating some of the CDs and it got to be too much work to hide or delete the duplicates, so haven’t used it for couple years.

Today I got notified that I could re-enter my accounts and I asked myself why. My CDs on,y change value once a month so I can update the accrued values by hand. Seems to me like quicken that used to fetch stock prices each week, and after several “improvements” you had to pay extra for that.

I’ll stick with manual update of excel for now.

The update is terrible; I can no longer use full view for checking charges to credit cards nor to find out total funds in each fund consolidated over accounts. Tonight I will see if I can still use as easy way to total monthly dividends in bond funds.

On phone with Fidelity rep I commented on how poor new system is; I hope that others report negative feedback and they try to fix.

Marc

I set up my non-Fidelity accounts in the new system and everything worked OK except...

Just like the old system, the new Full View still does not work with... get this... the Fidelity-branded Elan 2% VISA card. I thought for sure that this new system would solve whatever mysterious glitch did not allow Elan access from the old Full View system. Not.

Oddly, unlike the old system, both "Elan Cardmember Services" and "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card: Elan" are now valid choices in the pull-down menu when adding a new non-Fidelity account. But no matter how many times you try to add the account, the login credentials are rejected... probably due to the security Q&A requirement when logging on from a new "device."

Anyway, since 90% of our spending occurs on that card, Full View is not much use without that data. I've been on the phone twice with Fidelity tech support. They are aware of the issue but no ETA for a fix. Apparently there are LOTS of connectivity issues with the new system.

I'm not going to bother with an in-depth test drive of the new system until this is fixed. But at first glance some of the reports and portfolio analytics appear to be much improved, although still not not nearly as good as Personal Capital.

...I can no longer use full view for checking charges to credit cards nor to find out total funds in each fund consolidated over accounts. Tonight I will see if I can still use as easy way to total monthly dividends in bond funds...

Regarding the bolded part... go to the tab for Reports. In the Report Selection pull-down, select Holdings Detail. On the pull-down called Show Account Name, select no. You will then see your totals for each holding consolidated across accounts. If you want to save this as your default report, click the star next to the Report Selection.

Regarding credit cards, it works fine for my AMEX and Amazon/Chase VISA, but as I mentioned previously, I cannot set up our Fidelity/Elan VISA account.

I'm not liking the change at all either. Sometimes, it gives an error message saying it can't update Fidelity accounts. Huh?

Also, sometimes the total net worth number changes by a few hundred thousand just by hitting refresh. And, this when the market is closed.

I don't use it (never did) to look at income and spending, but curiously they list direct debits like mortgage payments under "Income," so my income is a large negative.

Also, it seemed for a time like they included cash value of like insurance in the net worth total but now I don't think they do. Too lazy to add it up to check because I don't trust any of their numbers.

Fidelity also recently changed the Performance tab. Also not an improvement. They actually managed to re-order the information displayed to put the least important stuff at the top (a table of numbers that is supposed to explain your performance but in reality is not helpful), with the most important at the bottom (annualized performance versus benchmarks).

Regarding the bolded part... go to the tab for Reports. In the Report Selection pull-down, select Holdings Detail. On the pull-down called Show Account Name, select no. You will then see your totals for each holding consolidated across accounts. If you want to save this as your default report, click the star next to the Report Selection.

Regarding credit cards, it works fine for my AMEX and Amazon/Chase VISA, but as I mentioned previously, I cannot set up our Fidelity/Elan VISA account.

Can't find tab for reports; and still can't see end of month income.

Marc

I set up my non-Fidelity accounts in the new system and everything worked OK except...

Just like the old system, the new Full View still does not work with... get this... the Fidelity-branded Elan 2% VISA card. I thought for sure that this new system would solve whatever mysterious glitch did not allow Elan access from the old Full View system. Not.

Oddly, unlike the old system, both "Elan Cardmember Services" and "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card: Elan" are now valid choices in the pull-down menu when adding a new non-Fidelity account. But no matter how many times you try to add the account, the login credentials are rejected... probably due to the security Q&A requirement when logging on from a new "device."

Anyway, since 90% of our spending occurs on that card, Full View is not much use without that data. I've been on the phone twice with Fidelity tech support. They are aware of the issue but no ETA for a fix. Apparently there are LOTS of connectivity issues with the new system.

I'm not going to bother with an in-depth test drive of the new system until this is fixed. But at first glance some of the reports and portfolio analytics appear to be much improved, although still not not nearly as good as Personal Capital.

Just an FYI - our Fidelity rewards Visa through Elan is linked in full view and the spending shows up when I click that account and go to spending transactions.

Ours is setup as VISA Signature - institution name : ELAN CardMember Service - via Direct Web Access

Just an FYI - our Fidelity rewards Visa through Elan is linked in full view and the spending shows up when I click that account and go to spending transactions.

Ours is setup as VISA Signature - institution name : ELAN CardMember Service - via Direct Web Access

When I search for "Elan CardMember", I get three choices. The one you listed is not one of them:

1. Fidelity Rewards Credit Card : ELAN CardMember Service (login.fidelityrewards.com)
2. ELAN CardMember Service - Credit Card : ELAN CardMember Service (www.myaccountaccess.com)
3. Johnson Bank (WI, MN, AZ) - Credit Cards : ELAN CardMember Service (www.myaccountaccess.com])

I can log in to the actual websites (shown in parentheses). But I can't set up the account via Full View. Credentials are rejected every time.

Can't find tab for reports; and still can't see end of month income.

Marc

Don't know how you can miss the tabs. There are 5... Home, Organizer, Spending, Reports, and Investments... right at the top of the page.

But I can't set up the account via Full View. Credentials are rejected every time.

Cobra, after having a similar problem, I just managed to fix it. I had assumed that the credentials for my Fidelity Visa were the same as for my overall Fidelity login. They are not.

First, go to https://login.fidelityrewards.com/onlineCard/login.do and click on "enroll".
After stepping through that whole process including the ID shield steps, you'll have a username/login that is independent of your regular Fidelity login.

Second, login to your main fidelity account, go to full view, add account, click "I have an online login", the type Fidelity Rewards and you'll see "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card : ELAN CardMember Service" as your one and only search return. Click that, then enter the username + password you just created in the first step.

Hope that works!

Is it just me or does the new Full View suck? Had to reenter all of my non Fidelity funds which was bad, but it doesn't allow you to hide things (i.e. have real estate for example and "hide" it from total amount temporarily). And the data is not as easy to see and utilize.

At month end I print out my full view net wealth page. The new system is going to take some getting used to.

Cobra, after having a similar problem, I just managed to fix it. I had assumed that the credentials for my Fidelity Visa were the same as for my overall Fidelity login. They are not.

First, go to https://login.fidelityrewards.com/onlineCard/login.do and click on "enroll".
After stepping through that whole process including the ID shield steps, you'll have a username/login that is independent of your regular Fidelity login.

Second, login to your main fidelity account, go to full view, add account, click "I have an online login", the type Fidelity Rewards and you'll see "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card : ELAN CardMember Service" as your one and only search return. Click that, then enter the username + password you just created in the first step.

Hope that works!

Thanks very much for the suggestion. But I already have the secondary login for fidelityrewards.com. I've had it ever since Fidelity switched from AMEX to the Elan VISA. I'm not using my overall Fidelity login. I'm fully aware that Elan has to be set up in Full View as an external account.

Again, I think the problem is that I have security questions set up at Elan as a kind of 2FA. Any new login (from a new "device") requires that one of three security questions be answered correctly. I'm assuming that you and wmc1000 don't have the security questions set up. I can't remember if this was an optional security measure or if it was required after some period of time.

In any case, it's abundantly clear that Full View has no provision for me to provide answers to the security questions. So I'm reasonably sure this is why I can't set up the account. I'm certainly not going to remove the security questions (if that's even possible) just to get Full View working with Elan.

Fidelity has twice acknowledged this as a known issue that is being worked. So for now, I'll just keep using Personal Capital, which appears to be a better tool even after the improvements to Full View.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. But I already have the secondary login for fidelityrewards.com. I've had it ever since Fidelity switched from AMEX to the Elan VISA. I'm not using my overall Fidelity login. I'm fully aware that Elan has to be set up in Full View as an external account.

Again, I think the problem is that I have security questions set up at Elan as a kind of 2FA. Any new login (from a new "device") requires that one of three security questions be answered correctly. I'm assuming that you and wmc1000 don't have the security questions set up. I can't remember if this was an optional security measure or if it was required after some period of time.

In any case, it's abundantly clear that Full View has no provision for me to provide answers to the security questions. So I'm reasonably sure this is why I can't set up the account. I'm certainly not going to remove the security questions (if that's even possible) just to get Full View working with Elan.

Fidelity has twice acknowledged this as a known issue that is being worked. So for now, I'll just keep using Personal Capital, which appears to be a better tool even after the improvements to Full View.

I have security questions set up on my CC account but don't remember how that was handled when I set it up.

If you go Under "Organizer" and then "Accounts" it should show you attempted to add the account and show an error message that says site rejected your credentials. If you "Click to Fix" it should pop up a security question box during the fix stage.

Don't know how you can miss the tabs. There are 5... Home, Organizer, Spending, Reports, and Investments... right at the top of the page.

What I see are Home, Organizer, Spending, Vault, and Alerts (a bell). I guess I will have to spend some time with fidelity rep on phone reestablishing my full view functionality.

Marc

I have security questions set up on my CC account but don't remember how that was handled when I set it up.

If you go Under "Organizer" and then "Accounts" it should show you attempted to add the account and show an error message that says site rejected your credentials. If you "Click to Fix" it should pop up a security question box during the fix stage.

Tried that. There's no box asking for an answer to a security question. When I "click to fix", it just asks again for the User ID and Password, which of course gets rejected again. There's also a link to the website for Elan CardMember Service and it says to verify you can log in, which I can.

Do you remember answering a security question when you set up your Elan account in Full View? Or maybe we have the security Q&A configured differently at Elan? I have it set to only require when logging in from a new device, which also happens after I clear cache on a device.

In any case, I would hope that Elan sees Full View as a new "device" and thus requires an answer to a security question. But I can't find any place in Full View to provide those answers as part of the account set-up.

Last edited:
I think it sucks. I found the old version more helpful.

I really don't like the way each credit card is rounded up on the main page. You have to make a few clicks to see what the actual balance is. Then I have to click over to Bill Pay to send in my payment. I really wish they would show the balance on the Bill Pay page.

I don't even have any of my Fidelity debit card transactions showing in Full View. :(

Tried that. There's no box asking for an answer to a security question. When I "click to fix", it just asks again for the User ID and Password, which of course gets rejected again. There's also a link to the website for Elan CardMember Service and it says to verify you can log in, which I can.

Do you remember answering a security question when you set up your Elan account in Full View? Or maybe we have the security Q&A configured differently at Elan? I have it set to only require when logging in from a new device, which also happens after I clear cache on a device.

In any case, I would hope that Elan sees Full View as a new "device" and thus requires an answer to a security question. But I can't find any place in Full View to provide those answers as part of the account set-up.

Not sure why it is different for you. When I added a second instance of my credit card account and used my login credentials they got rejected but on the accounts page it said site requires security question needed for verification. That of course is different than what you are encountering since it won't accept your login and password to start with.

Just spent a half hour on phone with Fidelity tech support (actually 20 minutes on hold and 10 minutes with tech). I had a list of seven problems I needed fixed. First five response was "known issue that they are working." When we got to last two, he found that backend to my fidelity full view was even different than it was supposed to be; he is going to research and call me back tomorrow.

I cannot believe they did not sufficiently beta this to find the bugs that they also didn't send snail mail with guides to what we have to do to recreate our views.

I was "living" with the new site as best I could until I found the Analysis tab broken yesterday; that is one area that I really need. I was planning on putting a long day today getting everything else personalized but now I am just going to wait until they fix the bugs; at least I got the credit cards corrected (feed from Elan for Fidelity Rewards card is one of the known issues).

Marc

It's not just you. It sucks...
The idiots behind this should be fired.
If they can't catch glaring issues, just imagine how insecure it must be.
Its use should be avoided like the plague and seriously calls into question Fidelity's judgement when it comes to investment advice.

I have my Full View working kinda sorta well. I still have to manually refresh Wells Fargo (That's just a click of the button). A minor account at Schwab is appearing twice because it's pulled as a joint account under both my wife's log-in and mine. My credit union is no where to be found to link it.

It's not just you. It sucks...
The idiots behind this should be fired.
If they can't catch glaring issues, just imagine how insecure it must be.
Its use should be avoided like the plague and seriously calls into question Fidelity's judgement when it comes to investment advice.

I had customized the stock Yodlee categories, and had thousands of transactions that were categorized correctly.
They're all re-categorized in eMoney's standard way - so an enormous amount of my information is gone.
It gets worse: I had years of history in Yodlee. Now I seem to have nothing older than 18 months.

I trusted Fidelity. They have kicked the legs out from under me. I am moving my $350,000 of investments somewhere else.
I have never felt so betrayed.

It will never cease to amaze me how much time and effort is expended changing already-working software. Too often new is not better, merely different, and sometimes it's worse.

It will never cease to amaze me how much time and effort is expended changing already-working software. Too often new is not better, merely different, and sometimes it's worse.

+1

I had to reload my non-Fido Accounts...yet again. They are a significant portion of our portfolio & Full View (FV) now doesn’t correctly assign the asset class to them (shows as “Unknown” or “Other”). And, this is despite the fact that FV does know the asset class if I bore down into the details. Even worse, it’s hosed up the AA in the RIP tool too. So, there is now nowhere on the Fido site that I can get an accurate AA.

BTW, today I got a notice when signing into FV, and it included “improved data security” as one of the reasons for the update. Perhaps this is the real reason; not very reassuring.

Back
Top Bottom