Run, unclemick! (unclemick checks in on page 8!!!)

Re: Run, unclemick!

BigMoneyJim said:
Are you sure? I just logged out and tried to reply and post in this thread and in Other Topics, but there are no buttons. You've had guest posting disabled for quite a while due to the spam and profanity we were getting a few months ago.
Yikes! You were right!

I fixed it...

We're now open to UncleMick, and to all the spammers who want to take advantage of the situation...

DOG51 said:
Power could be the problem. I just got my power up about an hour ago. Glad to have it too. No cable though. He's probably staying with some relative that doesn't have a pc. :-\

Dog, congratulations and welcome back to civilization.

I can't belive unclemick would evacuate without his laptop (the women gave it to him as a gift to get him off Web TV). Since he was last online at 6 PM Saturday, maybe he didn't try to get out until Sunday morning. There were lots of folks who tried to drive out on Sunday and gave up due to massive traffic jams. :(

But knowing unclemick is a wily veteran of the fickle weather along the Gulf Coast, I've still got to believe he and the women are out, just occupied with more important things than contacting a bunch of 13 year old girls from Missoula on the internet.

REW

If I was in unclemick's unfortunate but likely situation (my house is destroyed and my life is turned upside down), I probably wouldn't be logging in to check up on the ER message board a week after all this had happened. He is probably busy sorting out many details now. And the logistics of getting a working PC with electricity and internet connectivity wherever he is. I'm hoping he's ok somewhere right now along with everyone else though.

Does anyone know how to email him?

Dreamer said:
Nords is cruising!
We're back. We had a wonderful first few days but then we spent a lot of time waiting for the ship to return to the CNN satellite footprint. Our last cruise was in early March 2003-- guess what we were watching on CNN then. At this point I'm afraid to take another cruise.

We're still waiting for a couple shipmates to check in; ironically they're all oceanographers & meteorologists. My spouse (also a member of this group) spent two years at one of the military's typhoon warning centers and has been pretty much glued to the TV & the FEMA website since we got off the ship. She says that this wasn't just a hundred-year storm-- it was a millenium storm.

I don't think a fish camp on 12-foot pilings is equipped to hotdog on 25-foot surge. I also hope that Unclemick got the word in time because I know he'd get the heck out.

justin said:
If I was in unclemick's unfortunate but likely situation (my house is destroyed and my life is turned upside down), I probably wouldn't be logging in to check up on the ER message board a week after all this had happened.  He is probably busy sorting out many details now.  And the logistics of getting a working PC with electricity and internet connectivity wherever he is.  I'm hoping he's ok somewhere right now along with everyone else though. 

Does anyone know how to email him? 
I sent him an email just now. Will report with any response.

Bummer -- I had two email addresses for unclemick, and messages to both addresses came back "user unknown".

I know hind sight is always 20/20, but it would be very helpful if we all had some type of notification system among us that maybe had an email tied to a friend or relative's email for this very type of situation. I realize that the internet is supposed to be great because we are anonymous but most of us have concern for our members and it is really tough when someone disappears and we have no way of knowing what happened to them.

MRGALT2U said:
BTW, I was gone for a week too. Did anyone miss me?

I was hoping you had taken a trip to louisiana for some surfing last week.

I'm betting my bippy we'll hear from unclemick in about 2-3 weeks, maybe a month.

If we dont, we just have to put a tracer on where the dividend checks are going.

Unclemick has relocated to beautiful St Joe missouri - and yes - I've filled the change of address to reroute my div checks.

No internet connection in Memphis and I'm having fun getting on the net here.

Having a great time - credit cards, two vehicles, four pairs of underwear - AND no junk/stuff to worry about anymore - not even any debris to worry about - Gulf of Mexico came in and took care of that.

unclemick2 said:
Unclemick has relocated to beautiful St Joe missouri - and yes - I've filled the change of address to reroute my div checks.

No internet connection in Memphis and I'm having fun getting on the net here.

Having a great time - credit cards, two vehicles, four pairs of underwear - AND no junk/stuff to worry about anymore - not even any debris to worry about - Gulf of Mexico came in and took care of that.
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are safe.  :D

Oh my, your post was a sight for sore eyes. Thank God you are OK. Whew...what a relief.

WELCOME BACK :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Unclemick--

You had us worried there for a while, you old goat!

Welcome back and give us the download when you get a chance.

Whew! Too close fdor comfort!

Donner

Glad to hear from you and not about you  :)
From your post it sounds like you are making lemonaid from those lemons!
Good luck, lets us know if we can help.

Weird

Red Cross just left - gave me a $1500 credit card - even though I explained we don't need it ($ wise) and the step daughter came back from Wal Mart - gave her 30 dollars off.

Will be looking at rental/real estate in NW Missouri - staring tomorrow.

After thirty years - we know the drill well - except this this time - we won't be going back - that area Lake ST Catherine - is so desired and fought over - they won't be issuing building permits - expect to see a new preserve added to to Bayou Savage - that's my bet.

Hills are scary - heh, heh, heh, heh.

Gotta give up the computer to some business types now.

BTY - anyone familar with greater Kansas City - St Joseph:confused:

Glad you are OK. I am originally from NW Missouri and have been to St. Joe many times. Still have family in Missouri. I have also lived on the gulf and have ran myself several times. Have four family members from Slidell at my house now waiting to go back when conditions are better. (Their house survived.)

Spent several years in the Leavenworth area.
Sorry to say one of my memories of the area was the somewhat incredible flooding produced by the Missouri River in the late 1980's :(

unclemick2 said:
Weird

Red Cross just left - gave me a $1500 credit card - even though I explained we don't need it ($ wise) and the step daughter came back from Wal Mart - gave her 30 dollars off.

Will be looking at rental/real estate in NW Missouri - staring tomorrow.

After thirty years - we know the drill well - except this this time - we won't be going back - that area Lake ST Catherine - is so desired and fought over - they won't be issuing building permits - expect to see a new preserve added to to Bayou Savage - that's my bet.

Hills are scary - heh, heh, heh, heh.

Gotta give up the computer to some business types now.

BTY - anyone familar with greater Kansas City - St Joseph:confused:

Hello unclemick. Sure nice to have you back.

Can't help much on "greater KC or St. Joseph", even though I lived there
very briefly back in the 60s and my only brother lived there for a few years.

JG

Welcome back Uncle-Mick. Hey, give some heh-heh-heh so we can be sure it is you.

Ha

Unclemick:
So glad you are alive and well!!!!! And that those dividend checks know where to find you. Stuff is stuff, at least ya got your underwear.

Please take care. Anything that we can do from afar, let us know.

So glad to hear from you. :D So why Missouri? (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Back
Top Bottom