S&P YTD over -7.5% today

Wanting to do some tax loss harvesting myself, I created another post.

Hard to imagine it going all the way back to 15 ratio at the start of bull market.

You might get to employ your Cape 10 AA decision making strategy though soon enough. :(

I would be surprised to see CAPE10 get down to 15. But one never knows...

Once CAPE10 gets below 25, I gradually start increasing my equity allocation.

... In the meantime, there are some good dividend paying stocks like T (PE of *5*!!, dividend 7.21%), F (ditto, yield 7.45%) and many more out there. While dividends "can" be cut, I wouldn't expect that in either case..these are healthy companies that have been around forever and by all rights look very solid. ...

That's what people said about GM, GE, Sears, etc ...

edit/add: http://www.early-retirement.org/for...-fire-plans-solidified-95122.html#post2153700

I thought you wanted out of the market? Now you want to buy on the hopes you can get out on a recovery? In a market that is 'broken' and 'not operating in any way like it ever has before'?

We have never seen anything quite like it, and once we're back to Dow 26K (if we ever get there again in my lifetime), I'm selling every last share of stock and funds I own and going 100% cash the rest of my natural life. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with this type of market, because I'm convinced it's not operating in any way like it ever has before - and I no longer want to have anything to do with it.

-ERD50

Last edited:
...In the meantime, there are some good dividend paying stocks like T (PE of *5*!!, dividend 7.21%), F (ditto, yield 7.45%) and many more out there. While dividends "can" be cut, I wouldn't expect that in either case..these are healthy companies that have been around forever and by all rights look very solid. Just beaten down by the market and a great buying opportunity for ...

Ford reduced its dividend in 2006. In 2007, it eliminated its dividend entirely and it stayed eliminated until 2012. Maybe Ford has been around forever, but its dividend has not.

Great time to convert IRA stocks "in kind" to Roth.
Instead of converting cash that may be in your IRA, sending the lower priced stocks over means more can go.

Also avoids the cost of sell and buy.

I don’t follow. Is this possible? How does it work? Everyplace I checked says you can only convert cash to a Roth.

I would be surprised to see CAPE10 get down to 15. But one never knows...

Once CAPE10 gets below 25, I gradually start increasing my equity allocation.

Actually to be clear, I meant the Cape 25 reference from your past posts separate from my Cape 15 comment.

S&P down -10.8% as of right now.

I have another limit order of VTI in @$119

I figure I might as well take advantage of the stock dumping since I don't know when/where the bottom is.

Back
Top Bottom