scientists - drug to live 200 years

Whenever this kind of nonsense makes the news, I'm reminded that even smarter vampire stories know how this plays out.

Oh sure, eternal life and youth sounds great, but the world around you changes. The world you wanted to live in forever is completely different. Already, we have people pining for the "good old days" of a few decades back, and many rate their HS/College years as the best time of their life.

Imagine, 175 year olds, in 2180, sitting around talking about how great the 2020's were...
Yup. The book / TV series “Altered Carbon” gives another view of extended longevity, just as interesting.

Safe to say long term care premiums will go up…

My mom is 92 and does her banking online, so people can adapt to technology.
That said I’ve always had a guideline of not living much past 90. I may revise that to 100 but honestly if my quality of life isn’t there I see no reason to suffer.
No way am I interested in living to 200. Right now anyway.
Wouldn’t we be like a car that rarely gets driven so it has low mileage but all the parts still age and breakdown?
No thanks.

I'd love to live that long. My nest egg keeps growing since I don't have any desire to ramp up my lifestyle. So, the money would last. Life is wonderful and I'm in no rush to leave. :D

I'm dubious of any of the one pill does it all claims for longevity or good health. I have been going over the Breseden book on how to reverse Alzheimer's. He has a pretty long list of things to test for, he calls them 36 holes in the roof, try to correct in order to improve brain health. He says the people he tests with signs of cognitive decline usually have between 10 - 25 suboptimal lab values.

Based on that comment and just what we've seen so far in our own testing, I don't see how one pill could correct that many different kinds of issues.

I'm with W2R--life is wonderful and I am not in a rush to leave, however, I don't think I want to hang around for another 100 years. I'd like to stay for my first 100. as long as I remain relatively healthy, both physically and mentally, (and fiscally!)

I'm with W2R--life is wonderful and I am not in a rush to leave, however, I don't think I want to hang around for another 100 years. I'd like to stay for my first 100. as long as I remain relatively healthy, both physically and mentally, (and fiscally!)

Just think, if you lived way beyond 100, you would have all new friends! :LOL:

This is a paragraph from the study:

"Pre-clinical studies conducted in mice have shown senolytics eliminate senescent cells resulting in delaying, preventing or alleviating multiple age- and senescence-related conditions, including frailty, cataracts, age-related osteoporosis, age-related muscle loss, radiation-induced damage, cardiac dysfunction, vascular dysfunction and calcification, pulmonary fibrosis, hepatic steatosis, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and dementia [3, 4, 5]. Overall, in mice, administration of senolytic agents and elimination of senescent cells have shown to improve physical function and extend health span and lifespan [[2],[6]]."

It isn't just about longevity. It's about increased health span too. But we need to solve the problems of the huge population burden on this planet already, climate change, and resource depletion before we double the lifespan of a large number of people. And this would only be advantageous to wealthier individuals.

What would be great is to not drastically increase lifespan but drastically improve health throughout that lifespan.

"Pre-clinical studies conducted in mice have shown senolytics eliminate senescent cells resulting in delaying, preventing or alleviating multiple age- and senescence-related conditions, including frailty, cataracts, age-related osteoporosis, age-related muscle loss, radiation-induced damage, cardiac dysfunction, vascular dysfunction and calcification, pulmonary fibrosis, hepatic steatosis, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and dementia [3, 4, 5]. Overall, in mice, administration of senolytic agents and elimination of senescent cells have shown to improve physical function and extend health span and lifespan [[2],[6]]."

It isn't just about longevity. It's about increased health span too. But we need to solve the problems of the huge population burden on this planet already, climate change, and resource depletion before we double the lifespan of a large number of people. And this would only be advantageous to wealthier individuals.

What would be great is to not drastically increase lifespan but drastically improve health throughout that lifespan.

Fortunately, I don't have any of that stuff in your first paragraph above, so I don't need the pill (yet).:LOL:

(and, according to Elon Musk, the earth is currently under populated. Says the man with 9 kids and several wives and girlfriends)

Last edited:
I've been keeping this a secret, but I have a pill that will extend your life to 120 years old with no quality loss of bodily functions. It's available for $10,000 a pill and only one dose needed. PM me if you are interested and I will mail you the pill after you transfer the funds to my bank account. 100% guaranteed and safe. :cool:

Is that a money back guarantee?

i.e. do I get my money back if I die before 120? :)

Well, maybe I could get a burger faster at the local fast food joint.

What if the miracle drug was so expensive you had to go back to w*rk?

I had just finished lunch a few minutes earlier, and was quietly reading through this thread, when I unexpectedly came across... THIS!

The problem is when you are old and 80% of your cells are old, if they get targeted and eliminated, your body would get shrunken down like a raisin. :D

A laugh, so sudden and explosive, that had I still been eating, lunch would have coated my monitor and dripped onto keyboard!
That was my big laugh for the day, and probably for the week!

Thanks, NW-B, that was great! Really appreciated it! :dance:

My mom is 92 and does her banking online, so people can adapt to technology...

It took my mother-in-law 1 year, repeat 1 year, to remember how to select YouTube on the TV. My wife had to guide her through the process each single night, until she finally mastered it after a few hundred times.

My own mother suddenly forgot how to select USB input on her TV, after using it for quite some time. One day, the brain cells where that info was stored suddenly turned off. Poof! A lot of her memories just randomly vanished in the same manner.

It's scary.

Last edited:
My aunt was praying every night to die and she was 96. She was in a lot of pain. It was the same for my dad although he was much younger. No thanks to living to 200.

I had just finished lunch a few minutes earlier, and was quietly reading through this thread, when I unexpectedly came across... THIS!

A laugh, so sudden and explosive, that had I still been eating, lunch would have coated my monitor and dripped onto keyboard!
That was my big laugh for the day, and probably for the week!

Thanks, NW-B, that was great! Really appreciated it! :dance:

:)

I was just trying to practice "critical thinking", plus my skepticism and pessimism always lead me to ponder anytime I was promised wonderful and great things.

I always ask, how it is going to hurt me instead of helping me like they say.

Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
So if this actually came to be, it would likely be expensive and only available to the very rich, as some have mentioned.

So would we then see the young "gold digger" with a 200 year old man, and people would shake their heads and say "She's young enough to be his great-great-great-grand-daughter!"?

-ERD50
I've been keeping this a secret, but I have a pill that will extend your life to 120 years old with no quality loss of bodily functions. It's available for $10,000 a pill and only one dose needed. PM me if you are interested and I will mail you the pill after you transfer the funds to my bank account. 100% guaranteed and safe. :cool:

Only if it comes with the young "gold digger"! :)

Come to think of it, unless the gold digger gets the pill too, she'd get 'old', and I'd need a replacement every few decades.

This could get expensive! Ummm, I would also need a much more 'understanding' wife! Let's just assume I'm single, this is already getting complicated!

-ERD50

Only if it comes with the young "gold digger"! :)

Come to think of it, unless the gold digger gets the pill too, she'd get 'old', and I'd need a replacement every few decades.

This could get expensive! Ummm, I would also need a much more 'understanding' wife! Let's just assume I'm single, this is already getting complicated!

-ERD50

We can do a "gold digger" too :cool:. PM me with banking information, slight charge beyond the pill and NO RETURNS.

I'll go with Lemmy and Motorhead on this one.

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live forever,
And don't forget the joker! :clap:

It would all be about quality of life.

Back
Top Bottom