Seeking Recs for 3rd Party Toner Vendors

Try selecting print preference to black and white. Then no color ink will be used.

I always use b&w when printing same. Change to color only when printing color. The tech walked me through defining b&w so that it only pulls from b&w. Supposedly b&w printing can pull from color (cyan) for a more 'robust' b&w according to one of the techs. However, she was not all that familiar with the product, so I don't believe much of what she told me. And she couldn't explain why all of my colors are now at 10% or 0% except yellow which still shows at 10%. And she wasn't able to tell me how to have the printer pull only from b&w...said I had an old driver...NOT.

I plan on purchasing some 3rd party color carts and we'll see what happens. Based on the number I've printed in the last year (~950), the color carts should last me several years.

I also have my Brother (monochrome) printer set to "Toner Saver", which gives me as good a quality as I need for everyday printing, but uses quite a it less toner.

-ERD50

Unfortunately, this Canon product doesn't offer that option. I don't need super quality for my stuff.

Thanks all for the recs. Looks like I should be able to purchase some good quality color toner for ~$100.

I really need to figure out how to respond to multiple posts in one post!

The link I gave you earlier:

https://www.4inkjets.com/Canon-ImageClass-MF733Cdw-printer-ink-cartridges-toner

$129.96 for all 4 carts ('free' shipping). I have had good luck with 3rd party toner carts. I'd give that a try before I bought a new printer and added an old one to a landfill.

Or skittish, try one for $42.94 (including shipping).

-ERD50
I just ordered a set of 4 high yield carts :dance:. I checked out Jabbro (sp?) another posted recommended, however, they didn't offer carts for my particular printer.

I just ordered a set of 4 high yield carts :dance:. I checked out Jabbro (sp?) another posted recommended, however, they didn't offer carts for my particular printer.

Check back in after awhile and let us know how they worked out form you. Good luck!

Any recommendations for good quality 3rd party vendors? I had great success with the ink jet cartridges so I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

I recently purchased a set of Greenbox toner cartridges for my Xerox Phasar 6022 color printer. They were affordable and are working well in my printer:

https://www.amazon.com/GREENBOX-Com...ent-WorkCentre/dp/B078JLQX1Z/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

I don't know what printer you have, but it looks like Greenbox offers toner for many printers.

Check back in after awhile and let us know how they worked out form you. Good luck!

I will. Also, to note, I purchased the high yield carts which retail for approx. $150 each! $500 worth of toner for $141 (all est. include tax). At 5000 pages, the color carts should last me for 5 years!

My printer just indicated that I needed a black cartridge. Hoping TrvlBug can let us know how his purchase worked out. I’m going to try a third party solution as I cannot justify almost $400 to replace my 4 cartridges. The others are at 10% and black is below 10%. The standard cartridges that came with the machine lasted two plus years. Bought the printer in April 2017. I guess if the high yield cartridges are double the capacity, that’s only $100 per year, but I can get a complete set for $140 at https://www.4inkjets.com/HP201XSET-HP-Laser-Toner-4-pack-Compatible.

My toner cartridges last so long I forget where I get them. So I just do a search & buy the cheapest ones. I'll buy about 3-4 at a time as we have cut down on our printing but still do a hundred pages a week or so

My printer just indicated that I needed a black cartridge. Hoping TrvlBug can let us know how his purchase worked out. I’m going to try a third party solution as I cannot justify almost $400 to replace my 4 cartridges. The others are at 10% and black is below 10%. The standard cartridges that came with the machine lasted two plus years. Bought the printer in April 2017. I guess if the high yield cartridges are double the capacity, that’s only $100 per year, but I can get a complete set for $140 at https://www.4inkjets.com/HP201XSET-HP-Laser-Toner-4-pack-Compatible.

They (all colors) work flawlessly. No smudging, leaking, or any other issues. And no eating of carts :LOL: (I actually charted usage for 1 month.).

ETA: I didn't install until about a month after the order and hadn't noticed that the vendor sent 2 of the same colors. I had the correct color cart 2 days later, even before I sent the dupe color cart back.

Last edited:
Well, I went ahead and bought. Total with tax was $130. They had a coupon and free shipping. So, the price was hard to beat, hopefully the cartridges will be as well. I do take comfort in the reviews that said they had a problem also said the company fixed it right away.

Back
Top Bottom