Should I buy a shredder? (Or are there alternatives?)

I see that after you use the shredder that you can probably confirm whether it makes good cat litter or not. :)

I see that after you use the shredder that you can probably confirm whether it makes good cat litter or not. :)

Good point! I may have to give that a try. :)

I save shreddables in a cardboard box. Today there was a "spring cleaning day" sponsored by the city. They will take just about anything that they don't want going to the landfill other than ammunition or explosives -- electronics, old paint, herbicides, liquids of unknown origin, any type of batteries, etc.

(Just between us, I wonder how they expect people to dispose of unwanted ammunition or explosives, but I didn't ask).

We took most of the above (other than ammunition or explosives -- I prefer to keep those in reserve), in one form or another. They also have a shredder on a truck, and they shred your stuff while you watch, so we took the box of shreddables.

We also belong to a credit union that does the shredding on the truck thing (but not the "bring anything you want to be rid of" thing) and gives you a free hot dog and soft drink for showing up, so sometimes we do that also. That is usually once a year.

We do have a little consumer-grade shredder and use it sometimes.

I have a shredder with the cross cut. I shred as things come in.

I use a chipper / shredder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom