Should I complain or not?

Z3Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Went on a 5 day cruise. Had the opportunity to upgrade to the "Owner's Suite" or Penthouse. Pretty much doubled the cost of our original booking of a nice balcony room - From $1,900 to $3,700. DW and I went for it. They don't have much info on what to expect as this room is not advertised. There is nothing on their website, not even the floor plan. Our original balcony room was about 300 feet. The Owner's Suite is over 1,000. We received pretty nice service during our stay.

Here is the problem: The long glass wall overlooks the Lido deck which is where the pool, hot tub and outdoor stage/DJ stand is located. Starting at about noon someone would be on that stage cranking up the bass. There would be occasional periods of quiet but when the music was going, the bass would penetrate everything. Most nights the outside bass would stop by 9. One night it went to midnight. DW thinks that they should never have the bass so loud that we cannot sleep in our number 1 most expensive room on the boat.

We did talk to Guest Services on at least 3 occasions. They gave us varying placating comments like: "I will call the DJ and ask him to turn it down." or something like that. I understand that keeping 50 partying guests happy is more important than 2, but what do you think? Should we complain to the cruise line?

Yes, I would definitely follow up on this. The company ought to WANT to know about this, given that it is their highest level room

Yes. We had something similar happen to us in Hawaii... we booked a garden room and for the first two nights overlooked a nice lawn area and the golf course beyond it. Then they moved in a big tent for a function that they were having and were testing the PA at 7 am! I told them that was not what I signed up for and asked to be moved to a different room and they accomodated our request.

Last edited:
On the 3rd occasion,I would have been down where the music was pulling electrical cords if they didn't tone it down. But that's just me...

Yes, by all means make an issue out of this with the cruise company.

Yes since you complained during the cruise and were ignored follow up and press for some money back

Sounds like a marketing trick to me. Or the true "owner" knew about the bass and wanted a quieter room: Your original room.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom