Smartphone Upgrade Questions

Why not opt for a phone with Android 7.1.2 which is the latest (my Nexus 5X for instance)?

Not sure what features Android 7.1.2 have over Android 6 and below.

I'm looking for an upgraded phone with a decent camera (at least a lot better than my 0.3 megapixel front camera) and adequate memory and not too large. The one I have now I'm happy with the small 4 inch screen (phone is easy to grip).

The Moto 4 Play which I'm looking as an upgrade I think will work. Good value, plus the other 3 features.

As for size, I want one where I can comfortable clip on my belt.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Moto G4 Play as the upgrade phone.

Now time to look for a protector and case.

An update...

Got my new Moto G4 Play phone today. First impressions...

1) Better screen resolution than my old phone
2) 5 inch screen instead of 4 makes the screen seem giant sized
3) Much better camera
4) Though wider in inches, actually feels more comfortable in hand because phone not a thick

Set up is a bit of a pain though as though app from old phone got moved to new, gotta reconfigure the apps (settings, passwords in password keeper app, etc.)

Also, looks like no way (no easy way at least) to move Google authenticator from old phone to new. From reading, looks like one time this was an easy option on google account profile but taken away (I assume for security).

It's similar. You go to Apps manger > application > storage. It will tell you where the app is stored (internal or SD) and, if applicable, give you the option to change - move the app to the SD card or to internal.

Got my phone with marshmallow.

But tried to see if the option to move App to SD but there and no such option unless there's trick you know of.

I went to Settings -> Apps -> clicked on App (in this case, Facebook) -> Storage

For example, Facebook is an app under Lollipop I could move to SD. But with marshmallow, all I get is how much storage used, then "clear data", "clear cache".

Attachments

• play ss.jpg
    play ss.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom