So far, so good.

Blue531

Recycles dryer sheets
Life after fire...three weeks in and I feel pretty good. Had some unexpected repairs and costs come up, but that's going to happen as things usually do. Am grateful to have the money to pay for them. Getting a lot of rest and I feel stronger so I'm getting things done that I haven't been able to for awhile. Am particularly enjoying the cooler weather that just turned as I left the working world. It's so lovely to be able to do everything at my own pace and not on any schedule. Early morning walks in the local park, long lunches, visits to friends, cool breezes on the front porch. Long naps in between. I've even enjoyed mowing the grass at an easy pace. The perspective from this side is a true blessing and wonderful experience. We spend most of our lives "having" to work, that we can only imagine "not having to". Life after fire. Peace out.

Sounds pretty awesome! I'm semi-retired, work for myself about 12-18 hours a week. Sure does feel good to leisurely do things at your own pace when most folks are grinding away.

After 15 years, I'm still saying "So far so good." YMMV

Congrats. yes it is a great feeling.
Still in our honeymoon retirement phase at 3 years.

Congrats Blue531. It’s been two months for me and I could have written your post. Cheers.

Life after fire...three weeks in and I feel pretty good. Had some unexpected repairs and costs come up, but that's going to happen as things usually do. Am grateful to have the money to pay for them. Getting a lot of rest and I feel stronger so I'm getting things done that I haven't been able to for awhile. Am particularly enjoying the cooler weather that just turned as I left the working world. It's so lovely to be able to do everything at my own pace and not on any schedule. Early morning walks in the local park, long lunches, visits to friends, cool breezes on the front porch. Long naps in between. I've even enjoyed mowing the grass at an easy pace. The perspective from this side is a true blessing and wonderful experience. We spend most of our lives "having" to work, that we can only imagine "not having to". Life after fire. Peace out.

Isn't life grand? I used to think it'd be boring fiddling around & doing stuff in no big rush... silly me. Man, was I wrong!

Congrats Blue531. It’s been two months for me and I could have written your post. Cheers.

+1

It's been 3 months for me and as Markola stated, I also could have written the same post. I too was hit almost immediately with some unplanned medical expenses. Daughter spend nearly a week in the ICU with blood clots in both lungs. Fortunately everything with her is now fine. Non-Covid related.

It's been fantastic spending more time on my flowers and yard work versus just rushing through it to get it done on a weekend day. I catch myself grinning from ear to ear as I walk the path around a local lake almost daily. It has been so wonderful to spend more time in nature during the fall weather. Sometimes I almost feel guilty...

Nine months into FIRE for me. I do not live for weekends anymore, but every day has been nice. Sleep when I want to, wake up when I want to, and do what I want to on my own schedule. More exercises, extra body weights melting away, eating better foods instead of fast foods when still in the work force, etc. This new phase of life is good!

1 year has passed and it still feels great. I think I'm getting the hang of not having to do anything

Back
Top Bottom