Socal FIRE wannabe

There are some very large differences in real estate prices, taxes etc in north San Diego county. Just 5 miles inland from the ocean there are some very affordable homes in nice neighborhoods. My wife and I actually prefer the weather 4 or 5 miles inland, where we still get the great weather but miss out on the persistent coastal clouds during much of the year, and in general get a lot more sunny days.

We love to travel and spending some time living abroad, but I cannot think of another place in the world for a nicer home base then areas around San Diego. However, you do have to spend some time looking for value. But the proximity of the deserts, mountains, skiing, beaches, goings on in LA, nearness to Las Vegas, Southern Utah (my second favorite place), Mexico, and so much more. Near enough to LA, but far enough away too. And you really cannot beat the weather. We spend much of the year outside, breakfast on our patio watching the humming birds, summer, winter spring and fall. Lots of good outdoor activities.

Sorry to sound so provincial, but I do love it here.

+1 on San Diego. It is one of our favorite vacation spots. It is definitely on our potential list of places to check out. North of San Francisco is also beautiful but from looking at Redfin the area you mention would have less crazy real estate prices.

Back
Top Bottom