Spring 2024 booster

Blue light, I had the same problem as you every time so decided against having any more. I actually was sicker from the vaccine than when I got Covid. Other than my siblings I don’t know anyone else that had this problem.

It really does make it difficult to embrace the thought of another vaccine. My shots were Pfizer, then I tried Moderna to see if that made any difference. It didn't, it just slightly delayed the amount of time after the vaccine before I started feeling sick. When we came down with Covid after the cruise, I only took the test because my husband didn't feel well and wanted to take it. My case was so mild that I was surprised when the test came up positive. His was also quite mild.

We don't have travel planned until the fall, so I'm going to wait and see how it goes. I may get the fall booster before we go.

Wow this booster, which should be the same as the one in October, is walloping me.

Woke up in the middle of the night, about 12 hours after the shot, with the injection site hurting. I sleep on the same side so it was from the weight.

Also groggy and a bit of a headache.

No such symptoms back in October.

I had my first booster shot in a year a few weeks back. Unlike the first two shots which knocked me out for a good part of the next day, this one was only mildly bad. Sure the area that got stuck with a need was sore, that is to be expected. Later that night, I noticed that a lot of the aches and soreness I sometimes experience during the day time had all been ‘activated’ keeping me up a bit. By evening of the next day I was back to normal. My doctor says these reactions show a strong immune system. I hope he is right.

I have had Covid once and it lasted longer and was a much more annoying than the reaction from the shot. I’ll take a day and a half of feeling a bit sore all over to 2 weeks of dealing with ongoing nasal and sinus problems along with achy joints and muscles.

According to the pharmacy paperwork, the cost of the shot is $250. I paid $0 with insurance - Medicare Part D.

Last edited:
Since I started getting the Pfizer boosters instead of the Moderna, I've had little if any reaction. DH and I both had mild Covid last May (took Paxlovid) and got the latest booster last fall. We are traveling next month and I will likely get another booster before we go.

It really does make it difficult to embrace the thought of another vaccine. My shots were Pfizer, then I tried Moderna to see if that made any difference. It didn't, it just slightly delayed the amount of time after the vaccine before I started feeling sick. When we came down with Covid after the cruise, I only took the test because my husband didn't feel well and wanted to take it. My case was so mild that I was surprised when the test came up positive. His was also quite mild.

We don't have travel planned until the fall, so I'm going to wait and see how it goes. I may get the fall booster before we go.

My two siblings got Moderna and I received Pfizer. I read that Moderna is much stronger which is probably why they were sick for twice as long as me. The past two years I’ve went to Europe but honestly I’m not concerned about not having the vaccine.

My siblings are much older than me and have much more serious health problems than I do so really it’s an individual decision. For these reasons they continue to get the booster shots despite getting so sick from it.

Got my spring booster on Tuesday, having a local/allergic type reaction that I have never had before on any of my covid shots (red, raised, bump, itchy and very tender). Taking Tylenol, using hot packs, and putting hydrocortisone on when it itches.
Today the redness and itch is less, the soreness is easing.

The nurse gave the injection way below the upper deltoid, more in the middle of my arm, not the correct placement:mad: (at least it's not correct from the way I was taught nursing school). I should have said something as she was wiping that area with alcohol before. Not sure why I didn't:facepalm:

I think that is why I am reacting.

Started killing? I had heard it was still killing about 1500 Americans a week. That sounds rough - never heard of anyone getting so sick from the vaccination. I think it affected me a little one time, making me extra tired the next day and causing some slight cold symptoms.

I wouldn't qualify for this one, so even if I could get it, insurance probably wouldn't pay.
What did you mean to say? If someone under 65 "proves" they're immune compromised?

I hear it is killing 1,000 people a week 90% of which are over 65 and / or immunocompromised.

I got the spring booster this morning; it was the Moderna version. My prior six shots were all Pfizer, so I wondered if I would feel differently. I know it's only been 8 hours, but so far it's been the same as before - didn't feel the shot and don't notice any effects. If there is a new vaccine on tap for the fall, I'd like to get that before I go to Japan in November.

Back
Top Bottom