Strange Phone Problem

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If I try to call the school next door w/ my landline, I get this message that calls that do not display caller ID are not accepted. If I call the school district office, I get the same message.

Yet if I call ATT or some of my banks w/ the same landline, the automated systems know my phone number and even my name.

The ATT rep says that I have to manually block each call for the phone number not to show. Since I don't know how to do that, I am not doing it.

If I call the school district office w/ a cell phone, there is no problem.

What's going on w/ landline and school district?

If I try to call the school next door w/ my landline, I get this message that calls that do not display caller ID are not accepted. If I call the school district office, I get the same message.

Yet if I call ATT or some of my banks w/ the same landline, the automated systems know my phone number and even my name.

The ATT rep says that I have to manually block each call for the phone number not to show. Since I don't know how to do that, I am not doing it.

If I call the school district office w/ a cell phone, there is no problem.

What's going on w/ landline and school district?

Is your "landline" POTS (copper wire) or VOIP?

Try *82 and the phone number before calling the school. If that works, then it indicates that you have your caller ID blocked. The message says that they will not accept calls from a number that has caller ID blocked.

Try *82 and the phone number before calling the school. If that works, then it indicates that you have your caller ID blocked. The message says that they will not accept calls from a number that has caller ID blocked.

Brilliant! That worked..........it's possible I requested the block but I can't remember doing it and I'm surprised the ATT rep I talked to today didn't know that. Discovered via google that the block doesn't work when calling toll-free numbers which explains why ATT and some banks can't recognize me when I call.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom