Strategies to make money from home

Another option that I think is nice is dog/house sitting (never done this but we use one). I think we pay about $50 night and the agency takes a cut (not sure how much). But all you have to do is walk the dog/feed it/etc.

Honestly, I have thought about this, but accepting 1 or 2 dogs in my home instead of driving around.

I'd look into that carefully. Taking other dogs into your home for money (even 1 or 2 at a time) could be construed as running a kennel. That's not allowed in many places without zoning approval, which can be very difficult to get in some places; it all depends on local politics. Taking care of a dog in its own home is different.

If you are active and live in a neighborhood of homes with lawns, you might put out the word that you can do light yard work.

...or general handyman service for that matter.

Last edited:
LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook are almost a must if you're going to come out as an individual in any area.

I heard that Mark Zuckerberg is spinning a new combo of YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. It's called "YouTwitterFace" :LOL:

I get a lot of emails that tell you how to do it. I could forward them to anyone interested...:cool:

Honestly, I have thought about this, but accepting 1 or 2 dogs in my home instead of driving around. People are nuts about their pets (as I am) and I really fret when we leave them. We have a neighbor teenager who does a great job, but they are only interested in this so long. Then you have to break in a new one. Anyway, this may be my retirement j*b.

Very good idea. I know of some people locally who board in their own home, and I nearly left my dogs with them, rather than have someone housesit. It turned out that with their rescues, their other boarders, and their own dogs, they had so many other dogs that I ended up not leaving mine there. I was worried that all those unkenneled dogs would be too much for 2 people to manage.

If you just take in a couple at a time, a family's dogs at a time, I bet you'd do very well.

money from home

I buy and sell some motorcycles, trucks, cars, boats, whatever I can find to turn a profit. Specialty items sell the best. High performance, sporty etc. Usually buy, ride it around for awhile, make it look and run as good as possible, then pass it on. Probably more of a hobby than a real make money thing but I usually make from $200 to $1100 (my best) Just bought a 2003 Honda VTX 1800 motorcycle in great shape for $2500. Should do well on it.

There's a list of vetted work from home things on Clark Howard's site:

Clark Howard: Work At Home Guide | www.clarkhoward.com

I used to listen to his podcast when I used to be a slave to the commute. Clark always says you can make a little money with these deals, but not enough to support yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom