Stunning treehouse built by young guy thinking of early retirement...

Publicizing it is probably not a good idea.

I bet those stairs are fun on an icy morning, or after a drink or two. Beautiful though.

That's a neat tree house. I wonder if it will get lots of visitors now that it's been publicized.

That's a neat tree house. I wonder if it will get lots of visitors now that it's been publicized.

I'm guessing the first teen to find it will burn it down, or at the very least leave it trashed after a nights stay...

I think the reason for the publicity is that he's hoping to start a public discussion about it. He's now wondering what to do with the tree-house, and one of the options he was considering was to try and buy the 9 square feet of land that it is built on. If it captures the imagination of enough people, he might be hoping that it will further his case for being able to buy the land.

I think the reason for the publicity is that he's hoping to start a public discussion about it. He's now wondering what to do with the tree-house, and one of the options he was considering was to try and buy the 9 square feet of land that it is built on. If it captures the imagination of enough people, he might be hoping that it will further his case for being able to buy the land.

I love the house and idea behind it, but there are too many difficulties that will surely cause this to be taken down... soon (unfortunately, because I agree it is beautiful).

1) The government would never allow him to buy it. They don't want to set a precedence for squatters to wander onto a plot of govt' owned land, build something, and then expect to be able to purchase it. Granted... the average person isn't going to make something so apparently structurally sound or nice.

2) There are also legal reasons for wanting him to take it down. If a 'visitor' were to fall out or get hurt, technically the park could be held accountable since the structure is on their land and was allowed to remain up (now that this story has been published... the number of people who know where it is will grow exponentially... it'll likely show up on google maps as a GEO tag spot within a month)

If you were a parent and found your teenage child died falling out of this house while attending a 'party' at the hidden house in the woods that all the kids suddenly know about... you'd probably be asking questions about how this got there and why it wasn't taken down or regulated by the park authorities.

This guy needs to raise some funds and buy a small plot of land somewhere and reconstruct it on his own property. Or as someone pointed out in the comments... turn this into a business and sell the house design and parts to tree house enthusiasts to build their own.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom