Sun City Carolina Lakes

Masquernom

Full time employment: Posting here.
Anyone here live in Sun City Carolina Lakes? I'd be interested in some personal experiences of living there. It's one of the places on our list to relocate to.

Sun City is in South Carolina, and it looks like a very nice place with homes mostly $350K-$450K. Charlotte's also close by.

Another especially nice community is Tellico Village @ Lenoir, TN. I like that the lake is much larger and it's in view of The Smokies. It's also in a smaller, less congested region. Tennessee's lack of state income taxes and no ad valorem taxes on cars and boats is also a big plus.

We want to be closer to a large metro area than in Tellico. We're interested in what the Sun City experience is really like. They advertise a lot of clubs and social functions, but we wonder how active they are. You pay more to live in those communities, and we wonder if it's worth it.
I called there recently, but because of the virus, they are not doing tours now.

There are also Dell Webb communities just South of Jacksonville, Florida. That's another area we are considering for relocation.

I don't know about Sun City but my husband's family is from York, SC nearby. It used to be a quiet rural area but now Charlotte has grown out that way. It will be hot and humid in the summer (like most of SC and NC). Winters are pretty mild. The area is not too far from the NC mountains which is a nice cool place for the summer.

Back
Top Bottom