7th SWFL ER.org Get-together

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The New Year has me thinking about planning another SWFL E-R.org get-together as everyone seemed to have a great time at our prior events.

This will be #7!

Here's a link to the one from 2023 https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/6th-swfl-er-org-get-together-116599.html

As we have developed a format that works for most, I'm planning on replicating it. We'd be meeting for a late lunch on a Sunday in February at a restaurant in the Sarasota area (most likely Gecko's Fruitville near Sarasota, just east of Exit 210 on I-75, with ample parking. Where we've gathered for a number of years.)

As to who's invited, basically it's ERs, OMYs, W*rkers, Spouses/SOs...(and even Lurkers <--we had one a couple of years ago!)

This initial post is to ascertain if there's any interest? And if Sun. Feb. 18 or Sun. Feb. 25 works for you (both? or which one?)

Please respond with who's thinking of coming and, if so, which date(s) works for you.

Thanks,

omni

I'm away from Florida until the end of March so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year.

I'm away from Florida until the end of March so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year.

pb4uski,

As a Charter Member, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be attending! :(

omni

I look forward to seeing everyone. Any February Sunday works for me except for the 4th.

Will check with the DGF, but should be good for both days.

I'm interested, coming from space coast side. At this point either day works for me. Missed last year, but was fun meeting up the prior year.

Absolutely will miss pb4uski! I'm sure we'll all miss the presence of one of the ER gurus.

Omni, thank you so much for taking the lead on this event every year. Every time I pass through Sarasota I think of you all as I pass Geckos! I really had hoped to set up a Fall one up this way but my schedule was a bit too dynamic especially since I was trying to delay until November so you could make it (being retired early leaves so little white space on the calendar!).

Not this time, as I no longer have a home in SW Florida, but I so appreciated these annual events. Have fun everyone!

Bummer! I can’t make it this year. 😢

We’re heading back to NC on 2/3. DW had a stent put in on 12/28, and she has some Dr. appointments. And on 2/13, I’m getting measured for lenses, for 2 cataract surgeries probably in end-February and March.

I hope to be there in 2025 though!

This initial post is to ascertain if there's any interest? And if Sun. Feb. 18 or Sun. Feb. 25 works for you (both? or which one?)

DW and I really enjoyed the get-together we attended several years ago. It was great meeting you and the others!

It turns out that this year we'll be camped at Lake Manatee SP on Feb 25th. If that date is chosen, we'd likely be there. It doesn't look like a very long drive.

Thank you for doing this! :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for the responses. Looks like we have good interest.

So far, I have:

1. omni550
2. FLSUnFIRE
3. Lewis Clark
4.&5. Dtail + 1
6. 38Chevy454
7. boog
8.&9. (only avail 2/25) YouBet +1

I'll wait a bit, in case we pick up any 'stragglers'.

omni

I’m also interested! We are new to SW FL. Either date works for us at this point. Thanks for organizing, Omni!

Hello!

As of now, we (DH and I) can make either date. Thanks so much for organizing again, Omni!

Interest is growing....

Now we have:

1. omni550
2. FLSUnFIRE
3. Lewis Clark
4.&5. Dtail +1
6. 38Chevy454
7. boog
8.&9. (only avail 2/25) YouBet +1
10.&11. Scuba +1
12.&13. simple girl +1

omni

Thanks for the DM Omni...!!

Did not see this new thread

The 25th works for me. The 18th, have company flying into town and will most likely be with them

Confirming either date is good for me, but no DGF.
So just me.

Latest update...it looks like Feb. 25 is going to be our day to meet....

1. omni550
2. FLSUnFIRE
3. Lewis Clark
4. Dtail
5. 38Chevy454
6. boog
7.&8.YouBet +1 (only avail 2/25)
9.&10. Scuba +1
11.&12. simple girl +1
13. Beachorcity (only avail 2/25)

We still have room, if anyone else cares to join. Just post on this thread....

omni

Not this time, as I no longer have a home in SW Florida, but I so appreciated these annual events. Have fun everyone!

Lisbon year round now? Was just there in November, absolutely loved loved loved it. Hope you are well! :)

Put me down as tentative. Will be able to confirm in a few weeks.

Thanks for organizing this!

I will be there on the 25th! Looking forward to seeing many of you again and meeting some new folks!

Looks like we have a good-sized group coming.

Date finalized: Sun. Feb. 25

1. omni550
2. FLSUnFIRE
3. Lewis Clark
4. Dtail
5. 38Chevy454
6. boog
7.&8.YouBet +1
9.&10. Scuba +1
11.&12. simple girl +1
13. Beachorcity
14. FlaGator (tentative)

If anyone else cares to join, just post on this thread....

omni

Back
Top Bottom