Supermoon....

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters? - Yahoo! News

sSc_spin.gif

The header made me think of someone with a very large butt mooning.

Back to reality: extra high tide -make sure the mooring lines have extra slack. If on large body of water or within tidal range of a river.

One marina I had a boat in had a good number of boats lifted off the blocks and floating away on a spring extra high tide.

Are the Moonies still around with their fixed smiles and flowers being extra pushy with a close pass of the Moon?

It will cause massive damage because this unusual pattern only happens every 18 years? So what "massive damage" was caused the previous millions of times this occurred?

I have to say I'm flabbergasted at the illogic in this pronouncement, but I'm even more flabbergasted that it got media coverage. Anything to fill space, maybe.

I have to say I'm flabbergasted at the illogic in this pronouncement, but I'm even more flabbergasted that it got media coverage. Anything to fill space, maybe.
Probably....

....and it's a slow night at the bbbamI household, that's why I posted it here....:D

I wouldn't expect much world havoc from this, however if it is a clear night it would be a great time to be outside to look at the moon.

A few years ago there was a full moon perigee and the sky was clear. I went out for a walk and it was almost like daylight. It was an awesome experience.:clap:

Oh bbbami, I wasn't questioning your journalistic integrity. In fact I think it's fun and interesting that you posted it here. I really enjoy all the odd things members of this board collect from everywhere that I might otherwise not see. I was being a little snide about yahoo or any other supposed media outlet covering such a story. So sorry if that came across as criticism. Thanks for posting it.

I think the moon being so close is a good thing. The added gravitational force will pull the daily stock graphs up. :D

Oh bbbami, I wasn't questioning your journalistic integrity. In fact I think it's fun and interesting that you posted it here. I really enjoy all the odd things members of this board collect from everywhere that I might otherwise not see. I was being a little snide about yahoo or any other supposed media outlet covering such a story. So sorry if that came across as criticism. Thanks for posting it.
Hey.....I have no journalistic integrity at all. :LOL:

Absolutely no harm done darlin'......:flowers:

I wouldn't expect much world havoc from this, however if it is a clear night it would be a great time to be outside to look at the moon.

A few years ago there was a full moon perigee and the sky was clear. I went out for a walk and it was almost like daylight. It was an awesome experience.:clap:
Yes indeed....it can be an awesome experience.

I think the moon being so close is a good thing. The added gravitational force will pull the daily stock graphs up. :D
Now yer talkin'! :D

Sounds like a great setup for yet another werewolf movie. Arooooo!
There could be millions made I tell you............;)

There are two course of action to take:

1. Put the camera on a tripod to get some good photos of the moon.

2. Dust off my tinfoil hat.

Attachments

• Bike with moon.jpg
    Bike with moon.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 6
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Mr Nolle will be pointing at the quake in Japan and saying "I told you so".

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Mr Nolle will be pointing at the quake in Japan and saying "I told you so".

No, the Westboro Baptist Church probably already grabbed the credit for that one...:rolleyes:

I tried to find a picture of Superman mooning, but apparently he never takes off his pants!

Amethyst

Back
Top Bottom