telemarketing calls

I just set up NOMOROBO, works perfectly if you have a VOIP phone

I have it set up. It requires a "simultaneous ring" feature on your phone, as it needs to ring their system at the same time it rings yours - then they hang up if the caller ID is on their black list. So you do get the first ring or two (caller ID comes between the 1st and 2nd ring). I have that feature on my VOIP phone, but I think other technologies offer that feature as well. Just depends on your provider.

Maybe my ring rules have got hose up on my end, it doesn't seem to be doing much for me anymore. But I still don't see how NOMOROBO can catch the spammers that change their number with every call - they need to develop their lists from those patterns.

-ERD50

All I can say is that with NOMOROBO my robo calls went from 3 or 4 a day to zero. Yes, it rings once but I rarely answered the phone on the first ring anyway. My wife leaves the phone in a different place 10 times a day so I can never find the thing on the first ring anyway.

Doesn't NoMoRobo also detect the dead air when it answers a call to your number that's from a telemarketer? I thought that was what makes them disconnect. We get quite a few calls that ring once only so it's working for us.

What drives me crazy is the number of employers who have employees use their cell phones for business. Someone on their way to the house for a legitimate business purpose calls to say they're on their way and Caller ID is meaningless; the phone may even be in the spouse's name.

Doesn't NoMoRobo also detect the dead air when it answers a call to your number that's from a telemarketer? I thought that was what makes them disconnect. We get quite a few calls that ring once only so it's working for us.

No, it only decides based on the caller ID being on their black list.

What drives me crazy is the number of employers who have employees use their cell phones for business. Someone on their way to the house for a legitimate business purpose calls to say they're on their way and Caller ID is meaningless; the phone may even be in the spouse's name.

Agreed. Very unprofessional and an annoyance to those of us who don't want to pick up a call we don't recognize.

-ERD50

All I can say is that with NOMOROBO my robo calls went from 3 or 4 a day to zero. Yes, it rings once but I rarely answered the phone on the first ring anyway.

Maybe it's because I have the Ooma Premier service ($10 a month), but I don't even get that first ring. We simply don't get those calls at all.

I have the Sentry wired in series, so when the phone rings, it's like the old days... we're excited that someone we know wants to talk!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom