Thank You Veterans

My son is the 4th generation to go Army, and is at FT Benning at present. Grandad was in WW1 and dad was in Korea. I appreciate support and thanks for all those who served.....Freedom is not Free!
Military service does seem to concentrate in families, doesn't it? I can recall Thanksgiving dinners when I was a boy where every adult male present was a veteran.

My 9th great-grandfather served in the Connecticut Colony militia in 1675-76 during King Philip's War. My 5th great-grandfather served in the Connecticut militia during the American Revolution and saw action at the Battle of Long Island in 1776 and the Battle of Ridgefield in 1777. My 3rd great-grandfather served in the 122nd New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment during the Civil War and saw action at the Battle of Gettysburg. My great-grandfather served in the Minnesota National Guard during WWI. My grandfather was in the US Army in WWII and fought in France and Germany, as did several of my great-uncles. My father was in the Navy for 20 years, including 5 tours in Vietnam. His sister, my aunt, was in the Navy too. And my brother, my cousin and I were all in the Navy as well.

My wife's family also has a tradition of military service (in the Marines, Army and Navy) going back to the Revolution. That tradition continues on in our nephews, both in the Army, one still on active duty.

Last edited:
Father served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam (all USAF).
One brother served in Vietnam (USMC).
One sister served in US (WAC).
Another brother served in Germany (USA).

All are dead now.

Thank you Street and and everyone else.
The military absolutely turned my life around and made me the man I am today.
USMC 1993-1997
Semper Fi

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom