The housekeeper was here today

My grandmother hated housework. My mother hated/hates housework. I am a product of my genetics. I have an innate ability to tune out all dirt, fur, and mess. Nothing I can do about it. :)

Lucky for me I am married to Mr. Clean or I'm sure I would have to hire a service to "dung out" the place every few weeks.

My grandmother hated housework. My mother hated/hates housework. I am a product of my genetics. I have an innate ability to tune out all dirt, fur, and mess. Nothing I can do about it. :)

Lucky for me I am married to Mr. Clean or I'm sure I would have to hire a service to "dung out" the place every few weeks.

I have HDD (Housekeeping Deficit Disorder).

My EX left because I had a higher squalor tolerance.

My SO and I are like the Odd Couple with me being Felix . His areas of the house are messy and I've learned to tolerate it and my areas and any shared areas are complusively neat . This arrangement took some fine tuning but it is working fine now .

Early on apparently we were having some kind of standoff on vacuuming. Only problem was I didn't know it. Finally DH realized this and showed me the dust bunny on the stairs that I hadn't seen. So the accommodation was that he would give me specific tasks for cleaning. Over the years he gave up on that too.

I have HDD (Housekeeping Deficit Disorder).

I love this. My grandmother also had HDD. She used to say that a dirty house was the sign of a dirty mind and what could be better than a dirty mind.

Good investment, Khan! :D

I've hired cleaning ladies (and a guy once) on and off for years. When the last one went back to Brazil just before X-mas, I decided to to it myself for a while. She did the basics but I still had to do the heavy stuff like moving furniture, cleaning out the closets, laundry, rearranging furniture, cleaning under the bed, dusting the furnace, cleaning and defrosting the "ice box," etc.

Now that I've been doing it all myself for a few weeks, I'd pay myself a lot more than $50/week to keep the floors clean, etc. My hobby these days is "spring cleaning"; when I finish, maybe it really will be spring. And when the S&P rises, I know a good investment for the profits.

Khan wrote, I have HDD (Housekeeping Deficit Disorder). :toofunny:

I have a little sign on the kitchen wall that says, "An Immaculate House is the Sign of a Wasted Life."
I saw another sign I liked that said, "Our Home: Clean Enough to Be Healthy, Dirty Enough to Be Happy."

The one exception, for me, is the kitchen counters. We had exotic granite installed, a very wild, colorful, sparkly, veiny stone that appeals to all my Junior Rockhound sensibilities, and also reminds me of a Kandinsky painting. I am keeping the counters really clean these days because they're so much fun to look at.

Amethyst

Back
Top Bottom