The Proverbial "Bucket List"

If I had to write it down I probably didn't want to do it that much anyway.

No bucket list here, but I have an informal goal of just doing something new once in a while. This past summer, that meant visiting places nearby that I've never been to before: exploring local towns, hiking trails, museums, etc. This winter I'm expanding my cooking repertoire and trying some new things. Guess I've never been a goal oriented person, I just go with whatever takes my interest at the moment.

The list tends to clarify itself once one gets old. /QUOTE]

How right you are, Ha!:(

BTW, when that happens, it is because of the missing "[" in front of "/QUOTE]. I have learned to watch for that when highlighting and deleting the last part of a quoted passage -- you must do the final character separately.

Here's a few things for me:

1) Accomplish as many mountaineering and climbing goals as possible.
2) Continue to meet people that I click with, and treasure those relationships
3) Constantly further my education, never let a year long period slip where I'm not learning something new
4) Have excellent physical fitness and health into my 50s and 60s
5) Find a way to contribute in creating a more sustainable world

At age 72 my bucket list consists of "seeing" 85. Seriously I never thougth of making a bucket list until I saw this thread so now I have a bucket list and the #1 item is finish making a bucket list.

Gee, some of these posts are giving me flashbacks from w*rk, as in setting performance goals for the coming year. :hide:

I don't have an official bucket list, and I am still working. Still, I have (in my head) a long list of places to which I want to travel (Argentina, Peru and Belize top the list right now), and there are things I want to do in time (read the "classic" books I have never read - in the middle of War and Peace, currently; learn to SCUBA dive etc).

I don't need to write these things down to remember that I want to do them. :)

Gee, some of these posts are giving me flashbacks from w*rk, as in setting performance goals for the coming year. :hide:
My pre-retirement list had some goals with timelines and many not. My post-retirement list is all goals with no timelines. I may not tackle them all (so what) and those I attempt, some I will lose interest in quickly and others with "take." Doesn't seem like work at all, just a little inspiration. And who knows, I may do things that aren't even on the list, imagine that...YMMV
:cool:

I do have an official Bucket List. I keep it at the top of my FIRE planning worksheet as motivation.

Bucket ListMore things to ride
  • fly in a helocopter
  • ride in a Hot air baloon
  • catch a salmon in Alaska
  • fly a fighter plane
  • catch a Tarpon in the Florida keys
  • snowmobile
  • catch a bone fish
  • parasail
  • Visit Italy with DW
  • Segway
  • *get back in shape
  • drive a Cobra?
  • XVacation in Hawaii with DW.
  • XHang glide off dunes of Kitty Hawk
  • XRide in a birchbark canoe with an indian Chief & my dad
  • Xfly in an ultralight hang-glider (in Hawaii)
  • Xdrive a Ferrari
  • become debt free!
I put an X in front of each as they are achieved.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom