This is as weird (and sick) as it gets

Or what? Ya gonna ban me moderator boy? You not only dont have the guts, I'll bet you dont even have the skills. Probably have to ask your dad first. At least put some pants on before you try it.

Molsen beer. Just the kind of babies rat whiz I'd expect someone like you to drink.

Just because you can't hold your liquor, don't take it out on me! Watch it, I'll post those pictures of you passed out! That's a tea bag you don't want in your cup!

wangterminal.jpg

Y'all with your old wangs, don't disrupt the thread of someone with a really big stick...

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 69
  • slide.jpg_thumb
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
I'll never forget the advice my dear departed dad gave me when I was a teenager and he saw me with one of those. He said, "Boy, you keep that thing in your pants and you'll stay out of trouble."

I'm almost positive he was referring to my slide rule... :)

That was my Y2K fall-back option.

During much of 1999, I hung it on the wall in my office with an official company "Y2K Compliant" sticker on it.

REWahoo! said:
I'll never forget the advice my dear departed dad gave me when I was a teenager and he saw me with one of those.  He said, "Boy, you keep that thing in your pants and you'll stay out of trouble." 
Hunh, I was always told that I'd always be able to use it to become the life of the party...

Our kid is studying logarithms in Kumon. Spouse and I gave each other one of those above-the-kid's-head looks with the same question-- what the hell do we do with logarithms today? The best applications I could think of are (1) a semi-log plot makes a stock chart look linear and (2) I can teach the kid advanced slide-rule techniques. After I show her Kumon teacher how to use a slide rule.

Anyone else?

I always wanted to visit Kumon, but that pesky travel restriction won't let me.

A semi-log would make a semi-fire. About like several of our members here.

dory36 said:
I always wanted to visit Kumon, but that pesky travel restriction won't let me.
Hey, your turn is coming, Grandpa. I've heard of kids who've started Kumon before they've finished with diapers.

Nothing brings you together with your family like geometry or the graphical solution of inequality expressions...

dory36 said:
Y'all with your old wangs, don't disrupt the thread of someone with a really big stick...

Slide rules....Now that's HOT! :smitten:

REWahoo! said:
I'll never forget the advice my dear departed dad gave me when I was a teenager and he saw me with one of those. He said, "Boy, you keep that thing in your pants and you'll stay out of trouble."

Might have been talking about your gravy boat.

Back
Top Bottom