This is really a wonderful forum

I think the forum is great; There are a lot of good threads with advice on a wide range of subjects (where else can you get information on SWD, ED, CDs, MMA's CFP's VCR's, SEO and bacon in one spot? )

Putting the political and headline news threads in the Soapbox was a good idea. It allows those who aren't inclined to discuss these topics to easily avoid them. I can't comment on how much better it used to be, but I suspect that the new FIRE forum (minus the Sopabox ) is pretty much the Old FIRE forum. Since a lot of what is going on in the political arena has a direct bearing on all of us, it would be a mistake to eliminate it, IMO.

I have enjoyed a lot of the banter and witticisms, advice, compliments, rants and admonishments. As for the perceived educational value, FIRE doesn't issue diplomas. There is no required reading or course of study. You can read and respond as you want. It is entertainment, folks, but hopefully we can all laugh and learn at the same time. This is the only forum I frequent, and I enjoy being able to spend time with all of you. Even those who have me on ignore...;)

This forum has meant so much to me. It was a big deal to give up my job and join the ranks of early retirees. I can't tell you how freaked out I was those first few months. Here I found some good advise from others who had walked this path before me. I also found some good natured people who taught me how to smile again:)

Ha, you are a good guy. Thanks for posting this tread.

ahem...the tuff girl from NooYawk goes all marshmallowy...don't tell anyone...i got a rep to uphold...
i just love this place!:smitten:
where else can i go and ask my DQs (dumb questions) and get EDAs (exercise for the student) ? ;)

This forum has been great for me - I know that I would have had more feelings of guilt, being lazy and did I do the right thing fears concerning jumping at 49 if this support group were not here. This is the first forum that I frequented and have had a very positive experience.

This is a great forum. I usually don't like to "socialize" via the internet (forums, chat rooms, email, etc...), but this forum is very special to me.

I recently discovered the "thanks" and "friends" features and I am looking toward making use of them.

Me too, appreciating it all. I get a bit grouchy sometimes at all the sniping, but I have to admit that even the posts I think are ridiculous make me stop and think. I'm a little isolated these days, and need the alternate opinions. It's good intellectual exercise.

I particularly appreciate some of the personalities. Many make me laugh or smile, some amaze me with their depth, and the broad spectrum of knowledge and experience is dazzling. Thanks to all. :-*

I think the forum is great; There are a lot of good threads with advice on a wide range of subjects (where else can you get information on SWD, ED, CDs, MMA's CFP's VCR's, SEO and bacon in one spot? )

Putting the political and headline news threads in the Soapbox was a good idea. It allows those who aren't inclined to discuss these topics to easily avoid them. I can't comment on how much better it used to be, but I suspect that the new FIRE forum (minus the Sopabox ) is pretty much the Old FIRE forum. Since a lot of what is going on in the political arena has a direct bearing on all of us, it would be a mistake to eliminate it, IMO.

I have enjoyed a lot of the banter and witticisms, advice, compliments, rants and admonishments. As for the perceived educational value, FIRE doesn't issue diplomas. There is no required reading or course of study. You can read and respond as you want. It is entertainment, folks, but hopefully we can all laugh and learn at the same time. This is the only forum I frequent, and I enjoy being able to spend time with all of you. Even those who have me on ignore...;)

You managed to almost slip that one past me. You can get advice on ED here?

You managed to almost slip that one past me. You can get advice on ED here?

I wondered who would catch that one..:) Give the man a cigar...

Actually, I used that as a reference to the fact that there are some people here with a h*rd-on for a few others...;) Mostly caused by Electoral Dysfunction...

Back
Top Bottom