Three More Days!

Life is complicated. Woke up on January 1 and greeted by news that my MIL had died during the night. So we are scrambling to get cross country for a funeral and making arrangements long distance, so the retirement part has not really sunk in yet. So we appear to be in a holding pattern for a little bit. Life 2.0 will have to wait ...just a little.

Life is complicated. Woke up on January 1 and greeted by news that my MIL had died during the night. So we are scrambling to get cross country for a funeral and making arrangements long distance, so the retirement part has not really sunk in yet. So we appear to be in a holding pattern for a little bit. Life 2.0 will have to wait ...just a little.

Sorry to hear about your loss, that must be an awful way to start your new life. Condolences to you and your family.

Wheel,
Sorry for your loss. Life does have a funny way of throwing us a curve when we least expect it...all the planning in the world never prepares us for fate.

My condolences to you and your family.

wheel9, congrads on your upcoming retirement. Your mention of the alarm clock ringing reminds me of the first day of my retimement. After getting up for years on end at 5 am, I'm just really going to enjoy sleeping in on what would normally be a work day (March 16, 1988). Snuggled in next to the wife when the phone rings at 5:30am. It's my son in law on his way to work and he just hit a deer and wrecked his car. Can I come and help him out? What a start to my retirement.

For the last six weeks of employment I'm sure that I was the highest-paid janitor in the county. They took me off cases six weeks beforehand since I wouldn't be available for court and my sole duties were to vacuum the office and empty the trash cans, duties normally rotated weekly among everyone else. We didn't have janitor service because of evidence-access issues.

It still left a lot of time for long lunches and errands.

wheel9, sorry to hear of your loss at what otherwise should be a happy time.

Congrats, Wheel9. I wish you a long, happy retirement. I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

Thanks for all of your kind comments. We did a 48 hour cross-county jaunt, and am now back to try and get used to this retirement thing. The last few days have been a blur, and the break will be welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom