Today is the day. Done

l2ridehd

Recycles dryer sheets
Left work early as this is my last day at work. Start retirement officially on April 1. Hummmmm, maybe not such a good choice. Oh well, it's over now and time to start the good life. Although will start working Monday on the house, getting it ready for the market. So will do about 3 days a week of hard labor for the next 3 or 4 months. So retired officially, but working for myself a bit longer. Doesn't seem to have sunk in yet, but am sure it will by Monday.

Congratulations! Don't work too hard on the house and give yourself some free time to enjoy your newly found freedom.

Last edited:
I officially retired on April 1, 2011.

And it still feels great!

Yay!

Amethyst

Now, when you start a project, you can continue on until you feel like quitting for the day or finish the job.

No more dropping what you are doing, having to clean up and go to work. Or else get off work half worn out and begin your project till you get hungry or it gets dark and do it all over again the next day...

And CONGRATULATIONS you made it!

It's like the salmon...all the things that could happen in their lives and yet some do make it back to the stream they began life in. I am still swimming...1 year 9 months...but I too will make it back.

Last edited:
Congrats!

A gentleman who works for me also retired today. Very jealous of you both :)

Back
Top Bottom