Treasury Direct Savings Bond Wizard is no longer...

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was looking to update my I-bond inventory value using Treasury Direct's Savings Bond Wizard (resident on my laptop). It had issues updating to the latest values.

With my recent laptop hiccups, I wasn't sure if something or some file had gone amiss, so I went to the Treasury Direct site...only to find that Savings Bond Wizard is no longer available.

For others with U.S. Bond holdings, here's their link for their Savings Bond Calculator which allows for importing of your data from the Wizard

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools/tools_savingsbondwizard.htm

omni

I just look at values in my Treasury Direct account. Have not screwed around with Wizard since I converted paper to electronic.

Last edited:
I just look at values in my Treasury Direct account. Have not screwed around with Wizard since I converted paper to electronic.

same here
I did the conversion back in Feb of this year
was incredibly fast, took only a week from when I snail mailed the manifest
was expecting a lot longer based on some boglehead posts from a year or so prior

Thanks, omni. I wsn't aware of this and was just about to try to download an update.

Time for Treasury Direct Conversion of Paper I Bonds :: now very fast

Update on recent Treasury Direct experience:

I mailed (via first class) five paper I Bonds for conversion to electronic form last Wednesday, and today (7 days later) the converted bonds are in the account. That's very fast, given that they didn't even receive them until about day four.

It looks any delays in the conversion process have been fixed. That's good, of course!

Back
Top Bottom