trigeminal nerve issues, anyone ever heard of this

I just saw this. I had this problem in the last year. For me, the pain was unbearable and bizarre. I went to my PCP and he put me on a med specifically for this problem. I also immediately started wearing a mouth guard to bed. Within a month, the symptoms just about went away. I was so happy, because it could become a permanent affliction. You might try what I did.

Thanks. I'm not really in pain but something bizarre is going on for sure.

The fact that it is on both sides makes me think it is probably not a trigeminal nerve issue, as you have one of those nerves on both sides of your head, and it would be very odd to have both of them affected at the exact same time. If it were one-sided, a cranial nerve problem would make more sense. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...supplied by,occurring at night while sleeping

I had a vaccine injury that caused damage to my 8th cranial nerve on the right side, resulting in Meniere’s-like symptoms: intermittent sudden hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo. But it only happens on one side.

No not painful. Mostly numb. Both sides. I figured it was a medication side effect or something like that not a "real" problem so was quite surprised. It gives me something else "fun" to do I guess.

Numb on one side not normal but both sides very concerning. Please see a neurologist

Neuro says it is not that nerve at all. He said he sees nothing else concerning and is not sure. I can have an MRI or not. IDK. I will probably wait a few weeks and see if anything improves or gets worse. As I said all along, I think it is a medication side effect but they say I am full of nonsense.

Last edited:
Well whatever this was it has not gone away 2 more months out. I declined the MRI after the neuro said he thought it showed no sign of being serious but I did have a facial CT scan and it showed . . . absolutely nothing. Or at least nothing they deem relevant to this issue. (Some arthritis in jaw). . . but really I'd like it to go away. :( PCP had no suggestions.

LOL yeah. I didn't really expect to start falling apart so hard this young. It isn't as though I ever seem to get normal problems either.

LOL yeah. I didn't really expect to start falling apart so hard this young. It isn't as though I ever seem to get normal problems either.

Yeah, not cool to hear your doctor say "I've never seen this before." And my doc was as old as I when he said it.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom