TSP strategy blog

Gunny

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone use the advice from tspwealth.com in there TSP investing strategy?

The site's charts has it's strategy beating the TSP stock index funds over the long term.

I have not ever seen it, so I do not use it. I just took a quick glance, but I will wait and see what wiser people have to say about it.

I have been following the Yahoo group TSP Strategy for a couple of years, and have been pleased with the results. Nobody is there to tell you what to do, though. It's just what the name implies, it's a strategy group. It's moderated by one lady, named Sarah. I pretty much stick to what she's doing. Lot's of good input from various members. There is no charge. If you're looking for somebody to tell you what to do with your money though, this isn't the group for you.

I wouldn't touch it.

First, I don't think there is anything unique about the TSP that warrants any special strategy.

Second, their strategy, for which little rationale is given on the website, seems extremely risky. Looking back over the history of the recommendations, they have repeatedly swung from 100% cash (G-fund) to 100% stock, and back again, from one week to the next. Bizarre.

Tim

Sites like these are why the TSP started limiting trading back in 2007. I've used sites like this for informational purposes, but Strategy is so individual, and the TSP is really just a 401k.

Besides, I like to consider the TSP in the environment of all my investments, not just a stand alone TSP.

Back
Top Bottom