Twenty years of wedded bliss

I can see why you guys are married and I am divorced. I couldn't bring myself to do any of this stuff. Come to think of it, I can't even remember any of the "firsts" mentioned. I think I remember the fiirst time we spent the night, but it could have been someone else. :)

Oh well, too late for this tango.
Ha

Great! Glad you guys are happy after all those years. You're very fortunate.

Great! Glad you guys are happy after all those years. You're very fortunate.

Wow, do I know that!

My first marriage was a disaster. A couple of years ago I mentioned to one sister (also 20+ years into a second marriage) that I'd read that the divorce rate on second marriages was over 70%.

Her comment: "Yeah, but those are the people who didn't learn anything the first time."

A SIL's comment on it: "Everybody has flaws. The trick is finding someone whose flaws don't matter much to you."

And she put on her wedding gown.:smitten: Sooooo beautiful!

Hmm. My wedding suit is still hanging in the closet, but the last time I checked which was 15 years ago, I could not fit. My wife's gown is in there somewhere. Doubt if she fits, either.

We have been married 28 years. We never did anything really special on our anniversaries, except for our 25th. Even then it was tame. A few times, I even forgot! Over the years, she got used to it. I do not even remember my own birthday, so she knows I am not selectively forgetful. Another woman may not let me get away so easy, I know.

We used to argue a lot more when we were younger. It was never about money, but about relationships with relatives (we both have family in town), then about the kids as they were growing up. People keep talking about expenses in raising children, but nobody can put a price on the emotional tolls during their teenage years.

We still argue once in a while, but realize that we enjoy each other companionship, and the pluses way outweights the minuses. For example, by myself I may not travel at all. I do not want to be Mr Schmidt ("About Schmidt", 2002 movie).

Back
Top Bottom