Used items on ebay

What's the last used item that you bought on ebay or what used item(s) do you buy on a regular basis on ebay?

When ebay first started they were known for the used items that were sold on their platform but it's so rare that I buy anything used on ebay it's been well over a year my last item was a tv seriers on dvd.

I have never bought anything on ebay, new or used. I should probably check it out.

Vintage stuff mainly, jewelry.

I've cleaned out my whole house with ebay and helped several friends declutter. I buy very little though.

I bought a few things years ago-so long I cannot remember.

DH bought me a Db Haynes piccolo about 15 years ago, made in about 1948, I think. It is a sweet instrument and would probably sell for about $1000 more than the price. Excellent condition.

A fork. Just one! I have 11 matching forks in my set of kitchen silverware. I’ve been missing one fork for many years and finally tracked down the name of the pattern.

Last month I bought some dishes to fill in what I was missing in my Corelle dishes.

Mostly used car parts for my 67 Camaro. My latest buy was an original GM AM radio.

I know some people would say "yuck" at buying used shoes. Because of foot arthritis I wear Hoka Bondi shoes which cost $160 new. I sometimes find "used" Hoka Bondi shoes on eBay --they are store returns and have been worn very little. I can get them for less than half the new cost.

The only reason I wouldn’t purchase shoes on eBay. When the shoes arrive these might not fit.

I know some people would say "yuck" at buying used shoes. Because of foot arthritis I wear Hoka Bondi shoes which cost $160 new. I sometimes find "used" Hoka Bondi shoes on eBay --they are store returns and have been worn very little. I can get them for less than half the new cost.

Used shoes almost always sell well on eBay, assuming good condition and clean of course.

I got lucky with Bostonian dress shoes. I'd consider Belleville 500 boots if I can determine they're comfortable by trying them at a regular store. They're mil-spec boots that I think will be around for a while.

I joined eBay in 1998.

I sold well over a 1,000 used collectibles over the years. Now selling is a royal PIA and the fees are much higher than the "old days".

I buy occasional car maintenance and repair parts if they are cheaper than a retail outlet or the used parts market.

The only reason I wouldn’t purchase shoes on eBay. When the shoes arrive these might not fit.

That would be an issue for me too if I were buying a shoe for which I did not know my size. For my first pair of Hoka Bondis I went to the shoe store a tried them on and paid the retail $160 but now I try to find them on Ebay. By the way, my podiatrist recommended the Hokas for my foot arthritis and they have really helped, they are by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. The only downside is that the Hokas are pretty ugly and they are the only thing I can wear now--every other shoe is uncomfortable. Don't know what I will do when the pandemic is over and I have to dress up again.:rolleyes:

The last used item I bought several years ago was a Nikon SB900 strobe (flash). At the time a new one was ~$500 and I got this one for $200. They can easily be set up to fire remotely. This allows me to set up all four of them in a room, and "bounce" the light off the ceiling/walls to light up the room evenly. More often than not it doesn't look like flash was used at all because I don't get that flat, harsh light from one strobe mounted right on the camera.

BTW, that's the worst place to mount a flash, and the main reason your driver's license photo looks so terrible. Of course, DMV photographers undergo additional special training so they can make stunningly beautiful models look ugly.

Vintage stuff mainly, jewelry.

Expensive jewelry? I bought my beautiful young bride a ring (?) the first thing we did when we received it was take it to a local jeweler to make sure it was real, and it was.

Baseball cards, very recently. Kind of like calling a painting "used". I decided to try to fill in some missing cards of my favorite players.

Before that, I bought one or two used HO model buildings for my train layout a few years back.

That's the type of stuff to buy and sell on ebay BUT you really have to know the market and be able to spot the fakes.

Expensive jewelry? I bought my beautiful young bride a ring (?) the first thing we did when we received it was take it to a local jeweler to make sure it was real, and it was.

Not really, but I did get a lovely antique piece for $135 - back in the early days when it was all auctions. The gold in it alone is worth that, and it has a lovely setting with small diamonds. Plus I love it and wear it whenever I have on jewelry.

Confirmed it was all real with a jeweler later also.

Bought some used work pants. Shop uniform type, they are great for working in the garage. Barely used, got a deal on 5 pairs for $20.

Most of what I buy on Ebay is smaller new items. I also sell a decent amount for my home based business on Ebay, in addition to my website sales.

I avoid selling on eBay wherever possible. Selling there is expensive and they are very high-handed and arrogant when dealing with the sellers -- forgetting who pays the bills.

Yep, they side with the buyer no matter what. You can post "no returns" on your item and it doesn't matter, the buyer lies and ebay sides with them almost every time.

My wife picked up a TV off the street, I can fix electronics. This one had tipped over and broke the screen. Note the TV worked, the picture was just messed up where the screen was broke. So, I looked on Ebay and saw PCBs for sale. I listed 3 PCBs for sale they all sold, but one was bought by a TV repair shop, they returned it. I have always thought they bought it and found that board was not the problem with the TV they were fixing. So their troubleshooting error cost me for shipping. One thing I never checked was to see if they had swapped any parts! I did a hidden mark on the board so I know I got the same board back. I complained to Ebay and got a giggle from the rep.

Yep, they side with the buyer no matter what. You can post "no returns" on your item and it doesn't matter, the buyer lies and ebay sides with them almost every time.

I agree. I sold two iPads. That cost me 54.00. Nice to have sold them but, the cost to sell those was wayyyyyyyy to high.

To me that does not make sense. Because eBay has this so called buyer protection plan.

Why bother having that when it is not enforced?

To me that does not make sense. Because eBay has this so called buyer protection plan.

Why bother having that when it is not enforced?
It is a buyer protection plan, not a seller protection plan. If a buyer squeaks, the seller takes the hit.

I've mentioned before that a buyer gave the wrong address then complained when it didn't arrive at his new address. Cost me the sale plus the shipping. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom