Used items on ebay

Yesterday I bought a used broomstick putter on the cheap. You know you suck at putting when you buy a long putter like this. Ha. I figure it will end up in the closet like a dozen or so other putters I own.

I’ve sold more than a hundred items on eBay, never bought anything...

I’ve sold lots of stuff on FB Marketplace and Craigslist so I don't have to deal with shipping. Mostly porch pickup at my house for the small stuff so no contact with buyer. But I have sold big stuff too, like my late husband’s gun cabinet for $400, furniture, large vintage stereo speakers, etc. I buy used stuff this way too, especially toys and games for the grandkids. So much cheaper than buying new!

I have been unloading my CD collection these past few months, was averaging 4.59 each, best was 1 CD for $20.50 .
Had to stop selling this week, ran out of boxes and had to buy some from Ebay and they are taking forever to ship.

I have only purchased new on ebay.

I did purchased a used collapse able cooler back in 2011 on Amazon.

I bought a few items and sold a few but that was years ago. I do have a friend that buys old rusty tools if they are cheap enough (like scrap metal prices). He is a blacksmith and metal sculpture artist now that he has been retired.

Cheers!

Bought a replacement Mikasa creamer for our fine china set that we broke. Regularly buy used vinyl LP's for my collection.

Also sell our used whatevers about 5-6 times a year.

I purchased some speakers on eBay about 4 days ago. These did not work. So the leaker sent return labels.

The labels looked great. Except for one majour problem. The Kabyles had the speakers being sent to me. Some how the seller created the labels backwards.

I

I bought a pull rope starter for a gas powered compactor. The model changed and the new one uses a different style so no new/old stock, just used. Lucky for me there are those who disassemble broken machines to sell their used parts. $11 for the part shipped, fixes a $500 machine that otherwise would have been tossed.

just purchased 2 open box bathroom fan/heater combos half the price of new. received everything is in there.

I have purchased a lot of ancient mining antiques over the years. Some have been used, and some have been over 100 years old and never used. I have also purchased some auto parts and pieces for DW's china collection.

I used to buy and sell a lot on eBay 20 years ago. I think it was Meg Whitman that came in and tried to turn eBay into a direct competitor to Amazon. The site went from being a true auction experience (which I liked) to mostly just hocking the same stuff other online retailers were already selling, with most sellers abandoning the bidding in favor of fixed prices. You can still find cool stuff on eBay, but when I search the site now it's mostly new products that don't even use the auction format that made eBay popular back in the day.

Looking back through my eBay history, I haven't bought anything used there for at least three years.
This was my experience as well. When it first started up I used it frequently for various things but found then it went very commercial and the small seller aspect was lost. As well, I was never very fond of PayPal. In Canada, kijiji is the main small seller site (but is face to face generally) and is owned by eBay. It is used much more than Craigslist but even it has had a good deal of commercial creep over the years.

I bought an oddball* Thermostat for a sauna on Ebay. I searched long and hard to find the proper replacement. I did find a dealer that had a good price of $95, others were $155! Then I found one on Ebay, and got it for $55. I thought it was used, but when I got it, I found it was New.

* Oddball- 100*F to 200*F

My dryer wasn't working on all modes, so I determined it was a bad control board. The price of a new board was ridiculous, so I put the part number in an eBay alert and within a month, someone had a used one for cheap. I installed it and it worked at least until I sold the house and left the dryer behind.

On a slight tangent, I'm always buying cheap electronics from China on eBay and 1) lately the shipping is a lot higher, I guess due to changes in intentional agreements and 2) way too many orders never show up at all or takes months and months. I get refunded, but it is frustrating.

I like to buy used stereo receivers on Craiglist near my house because people upgrade their stereo equipment and then sell their old receivers dirt cheap. Generally, these stereo receivers would cost $250 to $450 when new but after 10 years, they are selling for $40 to $60 on craiglist. I buy new speakers because speakers do get worn out when the paper cone deteriorate. I now have 5 decent stereo systems in my living room, bedroom, study, garage and backyard near my in-ground swimming pool. These receivers are rated 100 to 130 watts per channel with low distortion so they sound a lot better than a boombox. Some receivers have A and B speaker outputs and I found out that people would use the A speaker output. When I buy them I would use the B speaker output which was rarely used. I do not like ebay because I need to touch it and hear it. There is too much hassle with the shipping.

A dishwasher part.

A non-working watch like one I have - so I could switch out the bracelet part.

If you know your exact shoe brand, style and size, you can sometimes find new shoes at a big discount.

Back
Top Bottom