Vaccine found to get rid of cells behind diseases due to aging

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I can't what much longer for this.
Alas, it is still in mice stage.

"In the course of their study, the researchers found that diseases associated with aging and obesity are triggered and progress when senescent cells accumulate in internal organs, blood vessels and other parts of the body that result in chronic inflammation."
"The team detected a protein frequently found in senescent cells..."
"Using the protein as an antigen to identify senescent cells, the researchers created a vaccine to produce an antibody against the protein. If the vaccine is administered, the generated antibody attaches itself to the protein for leukocytes to ingest and eliminate senescent cells, according to the team.

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14508264

Very interesting article!

Unfortunately we have been curing mice of cancer and what not for ages but it never seems to translate into workable human solutions.

I have come to say how nice for the mice with things that help mice with my genetic disease but fail in humans. Not really. I know the life and death of lab mice are not pleasant
Here is an explanation of why it might be that way. It is partly that we aren’t mice and partly mice in experiments are genetically identical so it is like testing something on one person
https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/...k1AyZoBTbOgZxFpG3RreAzTxfJ1KEZPSnydd7zofJz-q4

I am in no way recommending this but a Harvard trained and employed neurologist told me it is quite the thing right now among some neurologists to take Metformin as they think it might help with aging/ neuro degeneration. It doesn’t affect blood glucose in non diabetics they said

My doc put me on Metformin after I ask about it, he said the term mTOR and that gave me the info that he was probably aware of the Metformin studies.
I took it for a while, then decided I didn't like the gastro intestinal side effects. I may try again, and try one pill in the morning and one in the evening, to see if that helps reduce side effects.

My doc put me on Metformin after I ask about it, he said the term mTOR and that gave me the info that he was probably aware of the Metformin studies.
I took it for a while, then decided I didn't like the gastro intestinal side effects. I may try again, and try one pill in the morning and one in the evening, to see if that helps reduce side effects.

My doc wouldn't give me Metformin even though my A1C says (just barely) pre-diabetic. I'll bounce him a bit harder next visit and see what his reservations are - and ask if he has seen studies on Metformin and other diseases. Thanks for the info. Aloha

If the vaccine is administered, the generated antibody attaches itself to the protein for leukocytes to ingest and eliminate senescent cells, ...

OK, so the white blood cells will eliminate all the old cells in your body.

Is that a good thing?

Will you just shrivel up and die, because your whole body is nothing just old cells? :LOL:

If overweight: Eat less, move more - especially non-glucose sugars - which more rapidly cause glycation and protein malfunction. Hunger will activate body's scavenging functions will increase turnover and rejuvenation of protein.

Saves on groceries as well as pills and consultations.

OK, so the white blood cells will eliminate all the old cells in your body.

Is that a good thing?

Will you just shrivel up and die, because your whole body is nothing just old cells? :LOL:
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking!

If someone is very unhealthy, they may not have the capacity to quickly regenerate new healthy cells. Like elderly suffering from sarcopenia - if diet is low in protein they just don’t have the raw materials they need, let alone the exercise to rebuild lean mass.

Last edited:
I may need to rethink my current WR if this works out.

Back
Top Bottom