Venice Florida

Thanks guys . I am getting an idea. I do preffer a small single house. used to a little land. Plus have a dauther and son in lot they may need a place to stay sometimes. She is a registered nurse , would like to see them one day to stay close with a mean old man. (only 63, but mostly feel like 5-17 and 80- 120).
Thanks again.

Would not recommend buying a condo on Fla.
What happens when a condo association goes bankrupt? It's happening all over.

My understanding of the situation would be that the if it Chaper 11 - reorganization, the Judge would appoint a Trustee who would oversee the running of the Association. That Trustee would have the power to raise condo fees and and levey special assessments in order to get the Association out of the red and into the black.

The problem for someone buying any condo right now as I see it is two fold. One, because of these impending problems banks don't want to lend for condos and foreclosures are increasing, so the prices are no where near bottom - so if you buy now, you will probably over pay. And two, the major headaches may happen before bankruptcy is file if the elevator permit isn't renewed or the pool and clubhouse, etc. are not maintained and are closed, etc.

Yes condo's realy not the best choise. Here we have mostly coops (you have more rights). Now days esspecialy in FL condo's are a little risky. But even a small single family house ,you are the boss.

Venice is a nice place. I lived nearby in Port Charlotte in the late 80's..........:)

Islandwalk at the Villages in venice

As others have said, there are a lot of great areas in Venice. I live on Venice Island and the beach, restaurants and stores are all within easy walking distance.
Check out zip code 34285. There are a lot of great deals on the island for homes and condos. I just spent 5 minutes on the MLS. Downtownt condos were in the $150,000 range. I found 2 across the street from the beach (no beach view but 100 yards away) were $170,000. There are plenty of condos on the island less than $175,000.
Let me know if I can answer any questions about Venice.

Hi,

I know this thread is old, but if you are still monitoring it I would appreciate some feedback. Looking at retiring on Gulf Coast - Venice/Sarosota. Browsing the net I came across two communities of interest - IslandWalk at the Villages in Venice and the Cascades in Sarasoto. Can you shed any light on these two communities?

Thanks,
Sam

I realize your post is a few years old, but wanted to thank you for the info on Venice.

I read somewhere to avoid the South of Venice, is there a reason? I see the south side on map, but no north side. Would it be just above the south listed side? Also, is there public transport from the nearest airport (looks like Sarasota)? Thank you, please post in PM.

One more thing, I DO want to be walking distance to beach so if this is not the place for me, please give other suggestions

thank you

I am still working on a location. Someone please give me comparison between Venice, Venice Island and Naples/Ft Myers. Where would I find a decent price on purchasing with beach within walking distance? It should be a good investment opportunity for future sale maybe 10 years away.

You can still buy condos and older (really old ) small houses on the Island of Venice for under $300000. The condos are small but are within walking distance to a beach ,restaurants & shops . The houses are further from the beach and usually need a lot of updating . Not sure if any real estate is a good investment right now . Florida is recovering nicely from the real estate drop . The bargains of a few years ago are very hard to find and usually scooped up quickly by investors. Google homes for sale on the Island of Venice ,Fl.

Of couse, I google daily for homes, I believe my chances are best once I get there. Not looking for old homes, do not want hassel of updating, if need be, I will look elsewhere...thanks for post.

I am veering away from condos or apartments and looking only at single family homes, but find they all require monthly fees. Does anyone know why the single family homes all have HOA's? As I search for homes in FL cities all have that as an additional monthly fee. Could it be the attractive homes for sale are all in gated communities with additional facilities...or? In our state, all single family homes are totally individually owner and maintained, but it could be that most attractive homes on the market are controlled communities...

In our state, all single family homes are totally individually owner and maintained, but it could be that most attractive homes on the market are controlled communities...

Most newer homes in Florida are in communities with amenities usually a pool , tennis courts & a club house .The Hoa fees covers these plus the community roads , landscaping & sometimes lawn care and cable .Lawn care & landscaping are endless projects in Florida and need year round care . This also keeps the community looking nice . Of course with this comes restrictions on what you can plant , what color you can paint your house & whether trucks are allowed .You mentioned you would not have a car . It would be almost impossible to live in one of these without a car and very few are walking distance to a beach .

moemg,

first thanks for clarifying.

may I ask where you live or have lived in FL and are you familiar with all beach area homes there? I am trying to go there without having to get a vehicle, as I have trouble driving due to arthritic pain in arms. I have been searching the Venice area and hope to go soon.....guess I will find out.

Back
Top Bottom