Verizon Travel SNAFU Help!

vafoodie

Recycles dryer sheets
I am currently existing in the 5th level of Verizon hell that I can’t escape. They have been overcharging us since we went to Amsterdam and got international service for two weeks in December. We talk to people (all at international call centers) and get a credit for the overcharge for the month and supposedly get set up to pay our original pre trip amount then we get overcharged again. We have been to a store, same situation along with my husband losing his cool. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this situation? As soon as I get my refund for this month’s overcharge, I plan to find a different service (anyone use Visible?)

I am currently existing in the 5th level of Verizon hell that I can’t escape. They have been overcharging us since we went to Amsterdam and got international service for two weeks in December. We talk to people (all at international call centers) and get a credit for the overcharge for the month and supposedly get set up to pay our original pre trip amount then we get overcharged again. We have been to a store, same situation along with my husband losing his cool. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this situation? As soon as I get my refund for this month’s overcharge, I plan to find a different service (anyone use Visible?)

If your bill is charged to a credit card, dispute it.

We have every bill we can go on a credit card not only for points, but to have the ability to dispute when issues arise.

Visible is owned by Verizon. You won’t be teaching them much of a lesson by switching to Visible.

Resolving Verizon billing issues is a horrible experience. But I finally got mine resolved on about the third call. I had no issues with international call centers, however. Keep calling is all I can say. Hang up if you can’t understand the agent. Try calling at different times during the day.

Last edited:
Although I already answered your other post, have you been calling the Global Services phone number at *1 (800) 711-8300‬? As much as I love to hate these big companies, I've had nothing but great luck with customer service and getting charges reversed.

I've used their international plans many times without issues. Obviously your plan is getting renewed each month which causes this recurring charge. Good luck with them fixing this. As you already know, it "should" be an easy fix.

Thank you for that number. This agent seemed to know what she was talking about.

Yep, I put that number in my in contact list years ago, these Global Services people are the only one's which actually know anything about international plans. Everyone else from the local Verizon stores to the regular Customer Service 800 number only know the basics and can easily lead you down the wrong road.

Back
Top Bottom