Walmart reviews

I actually prefer self checkout. Faster and easier for me, particularly if they have a handheld scanner and I don't have any alcohol... though if I do have alcohol, cought syrup or other things I have learned to scan them last.

I particularly like Sam's Club self checkout where you do it all on your smartphone, including paying.

Yes, that is the strategy. Minimally staff the checkouts to save money, force the customers to self-checkout as unpaid clerks.

The "theory" is that our "pay" for doing the menial task of checking out our own stuff is that we'll get lower prices.

I'll believe it if you will.:facepalm:

Yes, that is the strategy. Minimally staff the checkouts to save money, force the customers to self-checkout as unpaid clerks.

I find I make fewer mistakes than the checkout clerks did :).

Also, in this season of respiratory illnesses, one less person touching my stuff and/or coughing and sneezing in my general direction is fine with me. Wipes and/or disposible gloves for the touch screen, and I am good to go :D.

I actually prefer self checkout. Faster and easier for me, particularly if they have a handheld scanner and I don't have any alcohol... though if I do have alcohol, cought syrup or other things I have learned to scan them last.

I particularly like Sam's Club self checkout where you do it all on your smartphone, including paying.

Target is experimenting with self-checkout lanes for 10 items or less. The idea is to go to full check service with paid staff for any shoppers with more than 10 items and self-checkout for 10 items or less.

I think this is sensible. I might even start shopping there again.

Target is experimenting with self-checkout lanes for 10 items or less.

My local Target has had self checkout for well over a year, and it's popular. The problem is that when I've been in there were so few attended lanes that the self-checkout lanes had long lines.

Just buy from amazon.... then they'll do the checkout, and deliver it! ;-)

My local Target has had self checkout for well over a year, and it's popular. The problem is that when I've been in there were so few attended lanes that the self-checkout lanes had long lines.

Same here. I think self check out at our Target has been at least 3 years. Esp during Christmas season very long lines at self check out. Then it becomes a game of looking over at the checked line & decide which one is going to be faster

Back
Top Bottom