Wash DC Area ER meetup (again)

I'm interested, but Annapolis/Kent Island is a long haul - prefer Baltimore/DC and MoCo/NoVa area.

Something on the northern side of the beltway maybe between Laurel and the Univ of MD campus. Easy access and sort of central for all. ??

Not sure how I became poobah but if people are willing to do lunch there's an unbelievably good Indian buffet at Jewel of India. Just north of the beltway in Hillandale. Maybe in May? Memorial weekend possibly, but not Saturday.

Larry, do you wish to abdicate?
;).
Dinner lunch or late lunch fine. I think lunch or late lunch might work better for those travellng a ways. OTOH sounds like might be overnight stay for for some in any event.

Not a party pooper but Indian food would not be my fave

May sounds great. How about Sat 18th?

Last edited:
I can't do lunch the 18th. However, I just created a survey with three weekend possibilities (mostly Saturdays for travel purposes). It's at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQYT2F3 Go in and respond, and when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks I'll provide the results. We can just go with the majority. Then figure out a good restaurant later (aiming for just north of the DC beltway).

Thanks for the survey. It’s weird because last time I used survey monkey was 3 yrs ago when megacorp used it in lieu of a proper exit interview at my retirement. I really blasted them in the comment section (with zero expectation of it actually being read). I heard they stopped doing it this way.

EastWest Gal we need to pull you in one of these days!

Florid19, welcome to the board and to the DC area group!

I filled out the survey, though I don't think I've ever publicly declared my DC-ness. [emoji16]

Another DC-ish person here. I filled out the survey. And for the record, I love Indian food.

10 survey responses. Saturday lunches are clear favorites with June 1 having a very slight expected attendance lead (8 vs 7.5 with maybes counting 1/2). I'd like to suggest 6/1 at say 12:30 at Jewel of India (Montecfo it has a wide variety not all "hardcore" Indian so I bet you'll like it). It's just north of the beltway at 10151 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring. In a shopping center somewhat across from the Safeway.

10 survey responses. Saturday lunches are clear favorites with June 1 having a very slight expected attendance lead (8 vs 7.5 with maybes counting 1/2). I'd like to suggest 6/1 at say 12:30 at Jewel of India (Montecfo it has a wide variety not all "hardcore" Indian so I bet you'll like it). It's just north of the beltway at 10151 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring. In a shopping center somewhat across from the Safeway.

I would try it but, alas, I am out of town then.
Next time for sure!

Out of town. Nephew getting married in VT. Next time.

Feeling slow today.....I can't figure out how to post to this "social group" thing, I see two posts but no way to add my own.
For some reason the "Post New Discussion" link is UNDER the discussion list (of one, now), which is different than the forums, and will also be a pain if/when there are a bunch of discussions!

I figured out I had to click "join group" and then I got a new post button.

Back
Top Bottom