Water leak sensors & mains shut-off

Hopefully, you're right, and neither one of us will every need it.

Received mine less than an hour ago. Set up already and tested. Very cool.

Buying direct through the app, there was a 5% off discount, and then in the email newsletter that came just before I ordered, it said to email the customer service person the order number and they'll refund $25. Took care of it and got my refund. Very happy with the purchase.

Looks like a good solution, but my water main is outside, so wondering how this would hold up worth rain and sun.

Also, can anyone confirm that an internet connection is NOT required? I have one of those "cabin" properties like at the end of the video.

Thanks.

Looks like a good solution, but my water main is outside, so wondering how this would hold up worth rain and sun.

Also, can anyone confirm that an internet connection is NOT required? I have one of those "cabin" properties like at the end of the video.

Thanks.

You can set up the leak sensor to communicate directly to the valve controller without the internet and without setting up that linkage in the app. That linkage is there between the devices, but doesn't show in the app, and it does work. That I can confirm. I can't confirm if you can take the individual products straight out of the box and do this without doing anything else and never registering them with the app, or if this is what you want to do, that you still require the YoLink hub. Those are questions that are best answered by their support folks at [FONT=&quot]service@yosmart.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Our original smart wireless outdoor-rated valve controller and Bulldog Valve Robot[/FONT]
[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif] [/FONT]https://shop.yosmart.com/products/w...troller-with-bulldog-valve-robot-hub-required

Though "outdoor-rated", I believe I read somewhere that they still highly recommend that you keep it covered with something.

Question:is this outdoor weather rated?
Answer:The Bulldog is rain/weather resistant but we recommend that it is covered with a utility box of some sort so that it is not exposed to direct water/rain.
By EcoNet Controls SELLER on August 27, 2018
That's from the EcoNet product page on Amazon. YoLink packages the EcoNet product with their own controller module

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJZCFBH

I bought the Simplisafe system (monthly monitoring fee) to use the motion sensors for security when I traveled. On a whim, I also got the water detector for about $20. i then just put it at the base of my water heater.
A few weeks later, I got a call around 4 in the morning that water had been detected. i went town and sure enough, my water heater had started leaking - about 1/4 cup's worth. Since I do not go to the basement that much, this little $20 sensor saved me literally thousands of dollars plus time.
I turn off my water at the main valve when I am traveling and now my daughter is a secondary contact for any alarms.

I bought the Simplisafe system (monthly monitoring fee) to use the motion sensors for security when I traveled. On a whim, I also got the water detector for about $20. i then just put it at the base of my water heater.

A few weeks later, I got a call around 4 in the morning that water had been detected. i went town and sure enough, my water heater had started leaking - about 1/4 cup's worth. Since I do not go to the basement that much, this little $20 sensor saved me literally thousands of dollars plus time.

I turn off my water at the main valve when I am traveling and now my daughter is a secondary contact for any alarms.
Imnottrad,
I have the same system, and I use a temperature sensor.
I might get the water sensor based on your experience. Thanks.

FYI: I don't believe you need to pay a monthly fee, unless you want the police to be called.

Imnottrad,

FYI: I don't believe you need to pay a monthly fee, unless you want the police to be called.

And I now travel for several weeks at a time. In addition, this state has really bad squatter rules. If someone can break in and has enough time to change te locks, etc. All they have to tell the police is that I invited the to stay - and the only way I can get them out is by going to court and getting them evicted (which may take weeks). So, the ability to have the police called if someone comes in when I have the alarm set is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom