WeatherTech liners

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What do people think of the WeatherTech liners? My new Rav4 does not come with protective mats, just come thin carpet. Are they worth the money? Any good alternatives?

I like them. Have them in a 2005 pilot. I just purchased another weather tech product for a Camry. In this case I think
You get what you pay for.

I got some for the Chevy Bolt, to replace the skimpy carpet OEM mats. I was super satisfied. Then I went all out on the RAM pickup. Still an improvement from the factory rubber mats, but not quite as thorough on the floor coverage as the Bolt. I recommend them.

I just sent back the liners for my Volvo XC60. they don't make the mats for it. So i thought the liners might work out. Just didn't fit my refined luxury feel I wanted.

I picked up the OEM mats and they are fine. I did get the Weathertech cargo mat. I like them a lot

If you are at all active, get it for sure. Skiing and trail running are the biggies for me. I can through snowy boots and skis, or muddy shoes and sweaty clothes on the floor or in the cargo area with no worries. When they get too bad I take them out and shake them out and hose them down. Scrub if needed. Good for hauling weed eaters and junk like that too. Really, I just don't worry about what I throw in my car. Get the full length that protects your seat backs for when you fold down your seats.

If you cars stay pretty clean, you don't need them. But since you asked, you probably do.

If you are at all active, get it for sure. Skiing and trail running are the biggies for me. I can through snowy boots and skis, or muddy shoes and sweaty clothes on the floor or in the cargo area with no worries. When they get too bad I take them out and shake them out and hose them down. Scrub if needed. Good for hauling weed eaters and junk like that too. Really, I just don't worry about what I throw in my car. Get the full length that protects your seat backs for when you fold down your seats.

If you cars stay pretty clean, you don't need them. But since you asked, you probably do.

Mr Bum...(may I call you that?)

I think you are talking about the cargo mats. The weathertech cargo mats are fantastic. I think what OP is talking about are floor "liners" for the front foot wells.

Mr Bum...(may I call you that?)

I think you are talking about the cargo mats. The weathertech cargo mats are fantastic. I think what OP is talking about are floor "liners" for the front foot wells.

FWIW, I am interested in both the floor liners (front and back) and the cargo area mat.

I have them and don’t really like them. They’re expensive for what they are and given their fit (good but not great). I’m not sure if there are better options, but I’d look before I spent the money. In my truck, I have the GM mats that are an option and similar to the WeatherTech. I like them better. The fit is better and the material is more robust.

I recommend both the floor liners and cargo mat. If I had to get just one it'd probably be the cargo mat, but it's nice to get in the car with muddy or snowy shoes and not worry about it.

We bought the front “tray” type designs. They hold dirt and water, but they do not fit through the mat cleaners at the car wash because they are too tall, if that matters. They are not really elegant, but fit the genre of our Jeep. There are other brands better priced than Weathertech so shop around for both mats and liners.
We found a durable, back liner that Velcro’s in for a fraction of the cost.

I checked and what I have in my Forester is Husky liners. I forget how they compare price-wise, nor do I recall which I had in my Pilot.

I looked at the Weathertech and the Husky liners for the footwells (front and back) and cargo area of our CR-V and our Pilot. I ended up buying the Husky liners (cheaper), and have been very happy. I can't say if they are better or worse than the Weathertech's, but they do a good job. Weathertech buys a lot of advertising.

IMO, it's definitely a good idea to get something very substantial to protect the OEM carpets and floors, esp if it snows where you live or you'll sometimes have mud on your shoes/gear.

I’ve put Weather Tech’s floor liners in the last 6 cars.

With the rain and sand in Florida, I like them. Don’t think they would be as useful in a dryer climate, though

I looked at the Weathertech and the Husky liners for the footwells (front and back) and cargo area of our CR-V and our Pilot. I ended up buying the Husky liners (cheaper), and have been very happy. I can't say if they are better or worse than the Weathertech's, but they do a good job. Weathertech buys a lot of advertising.

IMO, it's definitely a good idea to get something very substantial to protect the OEM carpets and floors, esp if it snows where you live or you'll sometimes have mud on your shoes/gear.
I’ve bought WeatherTech footwell liners front and back for 3 of our last 4 cars, and a few cargo liners. They've all fit perfectly and held up beautifully, we keep our cars for 8-10 years.

I bought Husky liners for the 4th car (2012 Prius), about 20% less expensive. They did NOT fit well, they kept shifting and I’d have to adjust them constantly. To make matters worse, they had sharp nubs all over the bottom (that obviously didn’t hold them in place :confused:), and that abraded the carpet underneath due to constant slipping. So I’ll never buy Husky again. WeatherTech or some heavy duty OEM (Subaru and Honda) are best IME. YMMV

Last edited:
You CANNOT buy a better floor liner/mat then Weather Tech. I have them in all my cars.

Mike

Toyota also has OEM rubber floor mats that can be bought online that are comparable to WeatherTech--for less $.

I have the Husky liners in my truck and recently purchased the Weathertech for my moms new car as a birthday present. In my opinion both are comparable and work wonderfully at keeping the carpets looking new. However, I feel they make the car feel “less polished” on the interior. Husky liners also come with a lifetime warranty while Weathertech up to 3 year warranty. Below is a quick comparison.

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Floor-Mats-Liners/WeatherTech-vs-Husky-Liners

I bought them, think they are horribly overpriced for what they are, look kinda cheap/tacky, but they do protect more of the carpet than the rubber mats I can buy from the dealership, and here in snowy/muddy New England, coverage is important.

I've used Weathertech floor and trunk liners for years, with good results. I agree with Plesspus that the floor liners can make the car feel "less polished", so for my newest car I purchased 3D Maxpider Kagu floor liners. The look less industrial, with more of a carbon fiber weave finish (not actually carbon fiber, just the look). I think they have a nicer, better finished look than Weathertech and Husky floor liners. You can find them at various online vendors. Pictures and more information can be found here: https://floor-liners.com/

They work really well if you're in the elements like others have said. It's also true that they don't really look awesome if you care about that. The biggest issue I have with them hasn't been mentioned yet and that has to do with the dirt/grit that they catch. Unlike carpet where the dirt can fall into the fibers and be vacuumed out later, with the rubber tray, it all just sits there. This becomes a problem if you wear any shoes that have a light colored sole. Think about converse chuck taylors that are popular now and have white soles. With day to day driving with the dirt/grit sitting there, the back of your shoes, the heel/sole area get all dirty and scratched up. When using them, I found myself having to constantly clean a lot of my shoes. Admittedly, I'm a huge sneaker head and have a bunch of shoes that have white soles. I don't live anywhere where it snows or anything so this was a needless frustration and I eventually went back to a traditional OEM carpet mat for my vehicles. If I lived anywhere that had snow, I worked outside, etc....I'd have them for sure. For my day to day urban commute in TX, it's overkill.

We had them.in DW's last Wrangler, they're awesome in snow and mud. Yes you will accumulate some grit and dirt on them in dry weather. I pull them out a few times a year and hit them with a pressure washer or car wash wand.

Her new Wrangler has factory mats and they're ok, weather tech are better. As far as looks, they're certainly nicer then mud stains on carpet.

I love them like I love my children. Made in the USA. Have them in the back of both SUV's and on the floor of one of the cars. They hold up to punishment.

Have a set in my Camry for 6 years. Got them as a gift.
Easy to clean. No salt stains on the carpet but you can't see the carpet because the big ugly rubber liners are there. It will probably help on the car's resale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom